HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer? | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

Shortstack- Im loving your designs here. Where exactly did you buy that cell again? Also- what piping peices did you use exactly. Perhaps you can PM me if you dont want to give out your secrets. I may have to look into your design. Im getting a scan gauge here soon so I want to put everything in my truck asap

I too would like that info.

Thanks .....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my piping is 4" abs pipe, the total height is about 6" or 7" tall. the bubbler is a 2" abs pipe, about 5" or 6" tall. i used the screw cap, so i could clean it later on. I bought the cell from a ebayer named "kd8coe", their are some other pre made stainless steel plates on their but they were to tall for my application. i use ABS piping cause it stronger/thicker and can hold up to 180 degree. (pvc 140 degree). let me know if you guys have more questions

Hey all,
I just bought a 99 xlt 4.0 I found this board researching the howling that was coming from under the hood.(bad IAC) Anyway. I found this thread and got very excited. I have been playing with HHO for several months now. I have not installed a cell into a car yet as I was trying to perfect my cell. Before I describe my cell I want to mention a couple of things that came to mind as I was reading all 30 pages of this thread.

A few pages ago there was discussion about separating the oxygen from the hydrogen. It is actually quite simple to achieve. All that is needed is an electromagnet mounted to a bubbler. I have built one but as of yet have not tested it. I also want to mention 2 sources of information that have been very helpful for me. The first is an individual that goes by the name Zerofossilfuel. He has over 100 videos on youtube that are well made and VERY informative. You can also find him at www.alt-nrg.org. I am The second is a PDF I found called Chapter10.pdf. Google "hho chapter10.pdf" you'll find it.

My first cell was a modified Zerofossil fuel VSPB cell. Due to a few construction variations as well as the method I used to "prepare" my stainless plates I achieved a slightly higher production rate than Zero did.

At 14v 30a Zero got just over 2LPM - Potassium Hydroxide electrolyte
At 14v 30a I got 2.8 LPM - Sodium Hydroxide electrolyte

I have now rebuilt my cell using 25 2x6.5 16 gauge 316 ss plates. They are configured in a +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ pattern. The new cell is a "dry" type. Electrolyte flows from the bottom of a reservoir to the bottom of the cell and the HHO and water flow out the top back to the tank. (I will take pictures and post tomorrow) I have not tested this cell but this is what I will be installing in the X. I also will be installing a "Zero" current limiting PWM and an efie. I'll deal with the MAF if I have to later.

I will post results when I have them.
Sorry for the long post

WET

Welcome, and thanks for adding to the topic, all help is needed. There are lots of good ideas here. Hopefully soon we will have narrowed down the best choices for each component and design. Regards,

Ok here is my set up that I started a month ago ha. I just got it finished today (lots of other projects and work) and its doing well. I just filled up my tank so I will post results later on. the water is turning brownish even though I am using 316 SS plates, but the threaded rods are not so im guessing thats where its coming from. Sorry about the bad pictures but I will post more soon.:thumbsup:
fuelcell004.jpg

fuelcell005.jpg

fuelcell003.jpg

Shortstack- What kind of water are you using? I was reading distilled, tap, drinking, and spring all yield different results as each are filtered different. Apparently distilled is the most filtered and is the best to use

hey can anyone let me know where to T into the throttle body directly?

iM JUST CURIOUS I HAVE READ ALOT OF THE HHO THREADS AND I HAVENT SEEN ANYONE TOUCH ON THE COLD WEATHER SIDE OF THIS. HERE IN ALASKA IF YOU HAVE WATER SITTING IT WILL FREEZE. WOULD YOU HAVE TO TAKE IN THE GENERATOR EVERYTIME YOU SHUT OFF YOUR X OR WOULD IT THAW IT OUT WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR GENERATOR? HAS ANYONE HAD ONE OF THESE IN A COLD WEATHER CLIMATE AND HAVE EXPERENCE WITH THEM?

well got that new cell in today, the bolt didn't exactly mount up to the original mason jar, so i decided to make a new one, out of 4" abs, its about 6" or 7" tall. here are some pictures.
v61z0y.jpg

e0qrza.jpg

2vm7b43.jpg

here is a video of it running ,( showing using a bubble) it does really well, very happy. this should definatlly show some improvement in my MPG, compared to the crappy old one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSP93KdUec

Question for you.

How do you check the electrolyte level with the non transparent container? Do you have to open it?

Thanks .....

yes and yes, my bubbler is a 2" abs pipe (6"tall), as for the checking the level, yes i would have to open it to check, i have been thinking about making a "site" type glass where i have a connector at top and bottom then use clear tube to see what levels at. although some say you dont need the pressure relieve valve for if you have a bubbler

NOTE: thats why i have to screw cap to check and clean it out, could have used the rubber jim cap again but not to sure how it would actually hold up cutting it then with trying to seal it back up.

yes and yes, my bubbler is a 2" abs pipe (6"tall), as for the checking the level, yes i would have to open it to check, i have been thinking about making a "site" type glass where i have a connector at top and bottom then use clear tube to see what levels at. although some say you dont need the pressure relieve valve for if you have a bubbler

Got an idea for you. Check this out...I'm not talking about buying the product but how they design the site tubes on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oil-...277721511QQitemZ230277721511#ebayphotohosting

Any one? anything on how to keep there things from freezing in the cold weather? A battery blanket? Will it thaw the ice when turned on?

Any one? anything on how to keep there things from freezing in the cold weather? A battery blanket? Will it thaw the ice when turned on?

I would experiment with additives like antifreeze to find one that will still work for the purpose. The chemical affect of any additive needs to be understood well before doing that though. You don't want to use something which may be more volatile or hurt the HHO production. Be careful,

Shortstack,

what are you using to "seal" the cap that is screwed onto the generator body?

Thanks ....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good old teflon tape, no leaks either. you could also use just about any thread sealant well i finnaly got a mixure that wont totally kill my fuse. its 1/4th teaspoon lye per gallon, after running it for 45ish minutes it reaches about 180 degree's which is kinda too high, and with diluting the electrolyte that much the production went down quite i bit, im gonna try putting N plates between the + and - so it will look like this +n-n+n-n+n-n+n- instead of this +n-+n-+n-+n-, nurtal plates are suppose to help with the heat/amp issue so then maybe i can add more solution

Back