HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer? | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

Hello,

I have a question !!

I must determine wich wire is which on MAF of 98 SOHC.

Can you help me please ??

I want to install MAF Sensor Enhancer, and i must connect 3 wires, the black on the ground (easy), the red on the ECU, the green on the MAF sensor...

Thank you

Good bye.

on mine a 98 sohc eddie bauer it was this wire. this doesn't not nessasarlly mean its yours but there was another person on here who's wire was also the same. still test it to make sure
vyqz45.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on mine a 98 sohc eddie bauer it was this wire. this doesn't not nessasarlly mean its yours but there was another person on here who's wire was also the same. still test it to make sure
vyqz45.jpg

thank you, It's the good wire !!
My enhancer work good !

Now , i can win MPG !!!!

Good bye

What type of MAF Sensor Enhancer are you using?

Hello,

I have a question !!

I must determine wich wire is which on MAF of 98 SOHC.

Can you help me please ??

I want to install MAF Sensor Enhancer, and i must connect 3 wires, the black on the ground (easy), the red on the ECU, the green on the MAF sensor...

Thank you

Good bye.

What sensor are you going to use? Oh just use a Voltmeter

I use an Voltmeter, to find the good wire.

And i connect on this an Enhancer Sensor.

Any gas mileage updates from our HHOers?

I have bought an HHO generator on Ebay, it work very good on my Volvo 760 V6.

I have make two HHO generators with glass, and métal lid.

The two générators combined make less gas than the générator of Ebay !!

Have you an idea ??

Thank you.

What mileage gains did you get?

IN France, we don't know miles, and gallons.

We use Kilometers and liters.

And on my Volvo 760 V6, i have win 2l/100kms.

Before i consumed 12l/100kms, now 10l/100kms.

10 liters = 2.643 Gallons

12 liters = 3.171 Gallons

100 kms = 62.137 miles

Before HHO 62.137 / 3.171 = 19.595 MPG

After HHO 62.137 / 2.643 = 23.510 MPG

16.65% increase in MPG

Thats pretty good

Since this thread has been a little slow the last few days I thought I would post this.

This has given me the little extra kick in the a** to finish my cell rebuild. I understand that in the video was a Ranger with a 2.0 not an X with a 4.0 but, it has lit my fire anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8EEXeiiCZ0

built my first generator today. Works like a champ, but i have a few questions. From my understanding, using sodium bicarbonate is a bad idea and it needs to be replaced much quicker than another electrolyte. NaOH is bad because it creates corrosive Cl gas.

I tried both and with the Sodium Bicarbonate i get the infamous brown water and with the salt it turns greenish blue. I am using steel wire so idk why its green.

what are your experiences on electrolytes?

when using baking soda it is my understanding that an improper mixture (Too much) will cause it to run hot and produce steam alongside HHO and this will have an adverse effect.

Is this true? So the only way to prevent it from running hot is to add less sodium bicarbonate?

Using Sodium Bicarbonate as an electrolyte in this application produces CO2 as a byproduct. It is not recommended. The sodium hydroxide (the product I mentioned in my previous post) and potassium hydroxide are not consumed in the electrolysis process and therefore do not give off any gas other than H2 and O.

Using more of one of these electrolytes in the distilled water doesn't directly generate heat. Using more allows higher current to flow which if combined with an inproperly designed cell can create alot of heat.

Hope this helps.

X

I know I'm probably talking to a wall yet again but the hydro 4000 people tell people not to use any of that and they use mineral water and distilled water as the electrolite and i know a few people who run these and they don't have to run the efie's or map sensor foolers. I would test this myself but currently do not have the money to build a cell of my own. Soon though!

OK Im only on page 5 and Im going to go ahead and throw in my 2 cents.

I started running an HHO Cell.. Single Cell with the o2 sensor wrapped method. I didnt get to much increase, remade the kits etc, installed another and I got a better increase, my idle is a little rough at times sitting in traffic. Still wasnt happy, so i made a freaking HUGE one, we are talking a gallon specific jar, with my method and a few others. At this time, with the one lil one, and the big one, I was getting 75 miles on a 5 gallons, I now get roughly 100-105 miles on 5 gallons! What kit did I use, just search for the best one for your SUV or whatever your putting it on. There is two or three different ones, hell i keep upgrading mine. I am one of them that is going to install the "efie" or o2 manip, after i find out what is the sending wire. Hey, I just even saw a commercial on tv.. that BMW is now running hydrogen cars.

Also everyone was like, you know why isnt this OEM, well most of the explorers ive helped with and mine are OLD, well in 1993 we didnt need to find something to help with gas prices, at that time, our MPG in a 1993 was decent, now its crappy and all the "snake oils" are coming out of the wood work.

You get brown water from burning the baking soda in the distilled water, the baking soda is added as just an enhancer to make more HHO.

Again im only on page 5 so ill ad more soon.

Ok Im on page 11. The naysayers... Say nay all you want, its simple though. It really does work and anything that can get you a one mile increase at minimum will pay its self off. I will add a few pics by the end of the weekend of the BIG cell im running, which pissed me off, I used W4G T inners, melted quicker then... so im gonna go back to my method that works, AL nice kit ;-) Needs a few upgrades though man, so e-mail me Al.

Naysayers... Hey... it works...

bottle temperature.... not to hot, i can pick it up and even open it at running after two hours!

To add the HUGE cell i had to modify the engine bay... time to laugh; I cut out the windshield wiper resivor.

OK page 14 now, AL made a new gen, thats cool. Only prob with the T inners is, if you run to long, you melt the plexiglass, i made a few with the plexiglass inners and after a while it melts through them. Wires then touch, give more problems then what you want. Again only on page 14.

Ok I forgot to mention I did hear some reports of "exploding" cells. Well this person didnt follow instructions... used a toggle switch, left it on for a while without the car running. Built up to much HHO, introduced it into the motor in a HUGE amount, and BOOM! There are reasons for every spec that comes with an HHO cell...

I call it a Cell cause it produces a type of energy.

I followed up onto this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2009151#post2009151

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just recently stumbled across this forum, even though it appears to be mainly Ford owners it is of an item I am very interested in. I tried GM forums but they
seem to be a bunch of NaySayers. I have completed building a hydrogen Generator but have not mounted it on my PU yet. 2000 GMC Z71 with a small (5300 cc) V-8. Would you know if I needed a MAP/MAF fooler or a EFIE enhancer or both? Like some of you I did have a small explosion with mine.
Blew the top right off a Mason Jar bubbler.

Back