• Register Today It's free!

Hi fellow Explorer owners!

ozexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT Quest
Hi there everyone, just thought I'd say Hi from the land of OZ, and also say how usefull I have already found this site...found heaps of info about my broken seat tilt mechanism(trying to get it fixed under used car warranty), and my rough idle and stalling habit that my X seems to have developed(dealer assures me that there is no problem!).

I must say that after trawling around the internet for a bit this seems to be THE site for all X owners.
There doesnt seem to be alot of a following for X's in Australia, though hopefully I will be able to turn mine into a what I want with the help of everyone here!

Regards....ozexplorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome

There are quite a few Australian members here.

Your poor idle/stalling is most likely to be the IAC do a search on how to clean/replace and you should be ok.

Thanks Howard, hopefully I can turn my X into a more capable four wheeler than most believe they are.
Havent had a search for the IAC under the bonnet yet, these new cars arent like the old Holdens:eek: (classic aussie cars)...jeez there is alot of stuff crammed in the 'ol engine bay.
I think my first mod will be a KKM or a K&N intake setup...cant wait!, then upgrading my lights!:cool:

Welcome to the site. :) Explorers can be built up to be more than impressive, and in stock form are pretty respectable. Any problems you run into I'm sure someone here can help you with.

Welcome aboard! You gonna like it here.

(btw- I like your signature :) )

signature

Thanks..yeah any mods to better the fuel economy will be good...400km out of a tank!....thirsty bloody thing..lol
And I dont think that the Mrs will be too fond of a suspension lift and body lift.....:mad:..worth a try hey?

Welcome to EF ozexplorer

:)

Back