High pitched interior noise. Constant | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High pitched interior noise. Constant

Thanks for the welcome! So the service manager finally listened to me. Pulled the fuse (which worked) and ordered the new inverter. He said he can't promise it will fix the problem but he'll try and if it doesn't he'll contact the engineers to let them know. I can't believe there aren't more people taking in their Explorers because of this problem!
Just wanted to update. My dealership replaced the inverter and the problem is solved!! Everything is working properly with no noise!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to update. My dealership replaced the inverter and the problem is solved!! Everything is working properly with no noise!
Good to hear it's fixed. Thanks for the update.

Peter

2017 sport 500 miles
.. I can not hear it but wife can. My hearing is bad at high frequency.
Happens when engine running. Does not matter if hvac and radio is on or off. In gear or not. She said sounds electronic.
We will take to dealer but any tips will be welcomed. Thanks

My car does the same thing and has since the day I bought it 2 months ago. Took it to service and of course they “couldn’t hear it” But I can hear it and everyone gets in my car can’t hear it. I do not notice it when only accessory mode is on but doesn’t seem to make a difference if the radio and/or HVAC is on or off. It’s driving me nuts!!

My car does the same thing and has since the day I bought it 2 months ago. Took it to service and of course they “couldn’t hear it” But I can hear it and everyone gets in my car can’t hear it. I do not notice it when only accessory mode is on but doesn’t seem to make a difference if the radio and/or HVAC is on or off. It’s driving me nuts!!
Welcome to the Forum Jackie.:wave:
Does the noise stop when you pull the fuse identified in this thread?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Jackie.:wave:
Does the noise stop when you pull the fuse identified in this thread?

Peter
Sorry, I’m trying to figure this all out since I’m new to the site. Which fuse was mentioned? Thanks!

Just found the fuse you mentioned. I’ll try it in the morning and see what happens. I’ll let you know! Thank you!

Hi All -- just an update to this.

Ford posted an SSM to OASIS today. They issued the same test we know of here -- pull fuse 56 and see if it's still happening. But if so, they're saying not to change the inverter as it may not correct the issue. There is an open engineering investigation on it. Dealers are asked to file a GCR (global concern report) if they have Explorers come in that have this issue. It appears to be limited to MY2017 vehicles.

I have a 2017 Ford platinum with the same high pitch frequency noise I will have to try pulling the fuse for the power inverter.

I have a 2017 Ford platinum with the same high pitch frequency noise I will have to try pulling the fuse for the power inverter.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think you have to update your profile. You said you have the Platinum so please remove the "Sport" unless you have both.:)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Shari.:wave:
It sounds like you have a total different issue than the ones mentioned in this thread. I think yours has more to do with a failed electronic part that is supposed to supress such noises. I also would guess that the sound may disappear if you turn the radio off.

Peter

Update on the high pitched noise in my 2017 Explorer. They discovered that some of my wires had been pinched together and my ground wire was exposed. That was why I heard the noise go louder when I accelerated. I'm not sure where these wires were located but it was a much easier fix then they were originally thinking it would be. They changed out that wire and it did fix the noise I originally reported to them but I still have the high pitch white noise that you all are reporting of. Our dealership was great but it may have partly been because of the review we gave when Ford sent out a survey about our new vehicle. My husband was not filtered at all so they really wanted to get to the bottom of things. Looks like I may need to take it back in for the other noise I now hear.

...... Looks like I may need to take it back in for the other noise I now hear.
You can verify that it is the inverter by pulling fuse #56 in the engine bay fuse box.

Peter

Oh man so lucky to have found this page. I reported it to my sales person who only could say, "uh oh.' This is reassuring. Bringing it in this weekend.

Oh man so lucky to have found this page. I reported it to my sales person who only could say, "uh oh.' This is reassuring. Bringing it in this weekend.
Welcome to the Forum Mark.:wave:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Mark.:wave:

Peter
Thanks. My noise is electical sounding - like a high pitched short or something. I have modified every setting in the radio, heater, etc and no change. I will try the #56 fuse thing and have forwarded some of this to my salesman.

Thanks. My noise is electical sounding - like a high pitched short or something. I have modified every setting in the radio, heater, etc and no change. I will try the #56 fuse thing and have forwarded some of this to my salesman.
If it is the inverter then pulling fuse #56 will stop the noise. Good luck.

If it is the inverter then pulling fuse #56 will stop the noise. Good luck.
I took my 2017 Explorer to the dealer yesterday, let them hear the noise, pulled fuse 56, etc. They researched it and told me that Ford is advising them not to change the inverter, and that engineering is working with the part supplier on a solution. So I am currently running with my sanity and without the inverter!

I took my 2017 Explorer to the dealer yesterday, let them hear the noise, pulled fuse 56, etc. They researched it and told me that Ford is advising them not to change the inverter, and that engineering is working with the part supplier on a solution. So I am currently running with my sanity and without the inverter!
This is the first post to mention this. It should be interesting to see the outcome.

Peter

This is the first post to mention this. It should be interesting to see the outcome.

Peter
I will keep everyone posted if they give me any updates. The service tech definitely heard the noise, agreed that it was a problem, etc. They were very nice and apologetic about it.

YES! Just bought a 2017 Sport and noticed the noise on our way home from the dealer. I found this forum and pulled fuse 56, problem temporarily solved. I will be contacting the dealer after the holiday and get my new inverter coming. Thank you forum community!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

YES! Just bought a 2017 Sport and noticed the noise on our way home from the dealer. I found this forum and pulled fuse 56, problem temporarily solved. I will be contacting the dealer after the holiday and get my new inverter coming. Thank you forum community!
As per post #116, don't expect them to replace it right away but please report back if they do. Thanks.

Peter

Back