Should I worry about this?

Attachments

• Spark1.JPG
    Spark1.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 449
  • Spark2.JPG
    Spark2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 447

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Naw, I'd slap 5 more of the ones that look like the one on the right. Looks fine to me ;)

yeah you should you need that conduit in the middle for proper firing.

I just don't understand how it could completly disappear like that...

Sure it's gone, but where did it go? It either vaporized, of the engine ate it.

You guys can put in all the BOSCH plugs you want. I learned my lesson. Though, it took it happening twice for it to sink in. Stick with Motorcraft.

was the thing on there when u put the plug in??? that little post in the middle seems to big to fit by the ends..thats crazy

Just imagine how much better it will run!

um yeah thats not good.... hopefully it didnt just break off and is now terrorising the inside of your cylinder.....

Opera House said:
You guys can put in all the BOSCH plugs you want. I learned my lesson. Though, it took it happening twice for it to sink in. Stick with Motorcraft.

I am with you 100%. I learned the hard way too. Don't put BOSCH in domestic.

Lifted95X said:
Don't put BOSCH in domestic.

actually, i work in the automotive repair field, and i agree 100% with this.... im not knocking bosch, they are a fine company, however, there plugs suck in domestic vehicles... a friend told me he put the bosch plats in his 454 chevy truck and it sucked... but he put them in his wifes boxster and that thing kicked some tail

I had a plug break like that, just not as bad (I still had a little insulator left). In my case it got stuck in the valve. I was able to pull the valve cover and "smack" the valve spring with a hammer which dropped the piece into the cylinder (but allowed teh valve to close now). I then used a shop vac to pull out the piece from the cylinder.

If the motor runs great (no stuck valves etc) then don't worry about it.. nothing you can do now ayway. On our truck the motor ran very very bad and backfired until I got that part out from between the valve and the seat.

~Mark

Dang Bosch. . . Same exact thing happened to me. The motor ran a little noisy, and was missing. I replaced the plugs, and the bit bounced around for another few days till it decintegrated. I wasn't about to tear into an engine with less than 60k miles on it.

Only 16,000 miles on the plug too.

Attachments

• bosch.jpg
    bosch.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 378

I did my plugs today too...

These have been in for over a year.

I think the spacing on this one might be off. :thumbsup:

http://www.dpom.net/explorer/P1010002.JPG

Should I worry about this piece in my cylinder? And how do you get that damn 6th plug off?

ON the first gen x's, getting the back passenger plug is easiest through the wheel well. You do have to pull the inner fender out of the way to do it that way.

I have my inner fenders off the truck and I can change all 6 plugs in 15 minutes now (if teh truck isn't hot)..

~Mark

I just put Bosch Platinum +4's in mine........... You guys have me worried, the guy told me they were some of the best replacement ones (autozone).......

I just dug up the plug that broke (it was only in the vehicle for < 25 miles)... Turns out it is a bosch.. not a plus 4, but still a bosch. Now I have the autolite plugs back in there.. (thats what I used to run, and have had good luck with them). They are about $1 each (or less) and I change them once a year.. Soooo, $6 a year and 15 minutes is fine for me...

~Mark

I'm with Maniak on this one now.....I did the Meijer plugs for about 6 bucks total this time around.

My plugs looked almost that bad when I changed 'em, but it was the side electrode that burnt off of mine, not the center (though the center was burnt pretty bad too). I put in el cheapo AC/Delco plugs, work awesome, well over 3500 km on 'em now and no probs... I wonder why these high end plugs disintigrate, but something you pay about 1/4 of the price for lasts 4 times as long... :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back