• Register Today It's free!

Horn not working

limbo414

Reaction score
City, State
League City, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sporttrac
My sport Trac got towed the other day and I have the alarm that goes through the horn. I didn't notice until the next day I got my car back that the horn and cruise control are not working. Of course calling the wrecker service they said they didn't unhook anything. But there is no way that they would have gotten it to where they were going with out setting the alarm off. Does anyone know what can be disconnected to make this happen. All fuses are fine. Any advice will be helpful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the fuses under the hood to. I think that's wear mines was at when mine didn't work. Do the lights flash when you hit the button for the alarm?

Checked the fuses under the hood. The fuse was blown but when I put a new 15 in and hit the horn it just clicks. The lights still blink when you hit the alarm.

No the new one hasn't blown.

The clicking should be the relay underneath the hood.

You probably need to check that the wires are still connected to the horns. They should be on the driver's side underneath the headlight/battery area.

Not sure how the wiring in an explorer works but when the horn stopped working in my 1999 Accord i had to replace the clock spring.

Chek the cables under the stering wheel, since mine have the air bag use already some of the cables have rip, so I took the wheel out, and check on those cables, and find out that the main contact was rip, so I just taped back and that was it, It could be that issue.

i have the same problem my horn and alarm and cruise control r not working either.

Not sure if this helps any, but when I got my oil changed the other day Ford did some recall that is out on my cruise control. Not sure if one is linked to the other, but thought tit couldn't hurt to let ya know! Cruise control problems if nothing else may be somehow connected to the recall.

well my cruise control was workin before and now since my horn and alarm dont work it stopped working.

Back