how bad have you been ?? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bad have you been ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my dad tells me this story....

...when he was a kid his buddy let him drive his stock Cuda with a Hemi 440 6-pack of corse. Liffeted the front tires off the ground and layed scrach for about 100 or so feet. The cops tried to nail him for speeding but he got out of it beacase they never left first gear!:p Never broke the speed limit. pretty funny though:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Never been pulled over but I've had a few close calls. First I was going 60 in a 35 around 1:00am, cop was flying up behind me lights on and everything, i pulled over but he kept going:D Just the other day I was on my way home and noticed a white Durango(the local PD has never had a Durango before and now only has one as far as I know) so close I could't see his grille or headlights. I was already going 10 over the limit so I sped up a little more, got past the next car and he switched lanes, that's when I noticed the blue stripe down the side:eek: He just smiled at me and sped off, I still see him almost everyday. I was with my friend when we got caught doing a little mudding around a local lake. This guy just blocks the entrance with his F-150, no lights or identifying marks of any kind. It wasn't even plated to this county. We were just gonna jump the ditch and take off but he gets out and it's a conservation officer, when I inquired why he was using his personal vehicle I got no response. I tried to get my friend to request a sheriff to come out there too but he didn't. You never know these days, could've been some nut bag on a power trip. There was a guy doing that around that time, but he would run up the the car naked. So the police made it clear that when an unmarked pulls you over you have the right to request a uniformed officer in a marked car. Oh well, he got a $76 ticket for "Vehicle in a Restricted Area". Came back a week later and there was now a DO NOT ENTER sign up, funny thing though, it dissappeared later that night;)

11 offenses in 2 blocks

try this one on...
-failure to signal on a turn
-not having lights on
-driving eratically in a residential neighbourhood
-speeding in a school zone
-blowing stop sign
-blowing stop sign again
-wreckless endangerment
-passing illegally on the left
-spinning tires in public
-passing illegally on the right
=4 tickets that totalled near 700 dollars...

This is how we drive in Canada...

thats about right...the only reason we drove like that was cause we were being chased by two trucks full of guys...the cop only saw a segment of the get away...and the trucks chasing us...ya they each got huge tickets too...they were gonna charge us with street racing...ya 0-60 in like 3 minutes...

There would be no way in hell I would pay ANY kind of ticket for trying to evade someone who I felt was a danger.

why were you being chased by people?

i got chased by someone in my friends car..the dude was being an ass so my friend had to be an ass..then we realized the car was full of big guys so we took off and the cop gave my friend a wreck;s endangerment ticket in cali....that was a bad ticket

i want to live in other states the emitions and police seem to be more lax =) lol

Are cops like allowed to shoot (radar) in private drives? Or can rent a cops do anything? When I'm at the mall, I tell my friends "I don't stop for da rent a cop"

ive never gotten a ticket, but i did hit 70 in a 25 in my dads 745i and ive been in the bimmer with my dad when he hit 120 in a 50 with traffic

85 in a 60 in Minesota. 1am no one else on the road, bad storm comming in, thought it step it up as i had 3 hours to go. Cop was the nicest I have met yet.

Got stopped for 55 in a 15, friend and I were rushing home and weren't aware of the new speed limit. Cop let me go though. :cool:

go pulled over for no liscence plate up front in Illinois, and my car is registered there but I got out of it.

Malfunctioning speedo. Had just put new gears in the back and got busted, so i told him my speedo wasn't calibrated and wound up getting a ticket for that. Judge reduced the 300 fine to 150 cuz I got it fixed so quick. No points on liscence :)

excesive acceleration:rolleyes: Going home after a good date and got on it accross the intersection leaving a green light. Cops heard me go by and followed me for about a mile with out anylights on!!!! I pulled in to a gas station to get gas and the whole damn place light up! Turns out 3 cruisers followed me bout about 1 mile seing if I would do anything else. They told me they had heard me go by and just did a regular check on my info and let me go. Got nervous though because one cop asked me to turn my car on and rev it up a lil. Not sure wether it was for pleasure or inspection but god bless his not looking under :)

Been pulled over a few more times, but never ticketed for some strange reason. On the other side of things I have had one cop nod his head and smile as i drove by and another gave me a thumbs up while driving by me on the highway.

I think thats it.

from may of 2001 until august I got pulled 21 times and only got two written warnings.; mostly for my neon lights (It looks like a spaceship at night), some for the system, once for driving into the river for about a hundred yards in a city park :D, once for doing a burnout on cruise night on a downtown street, once for my lcd screen in my vision, once for the foglights, and twice for speeding. My friend and I had a bet going on when my first ticket would be and when I would reach 20.

56 in a 35 delivering pizza. $195
motor vehicle tresspassing $250
no headlights on $50

those are in 5 of my 6 cars, then there was my old 1985 toyota camry

35 in a 65 (couldent get her up to highway speeds... warning)
non functioning tail lights
non functioniong head lights
failed inspection sticker
broken winshield
non functioning directionals
distrubing the peace ( no exhaust to speak of, and a loud system in the trunk)

that ticket was only $50 dollars cause the cop felt bad for me for driving such an awful vehicle. i never had a chance to fix those problems, cause it burst into flames one afternoon in my driveway and was completely destroyed. man i miss that car.

Ok worst speed ticket was 78 in a 25 with my ex after it was lifted last fall.
came blasting down this hill music blasting. not noticing that my foot was pinned to the floor.

he let me off saying I look like a nice kid... yes thats awesome. :cool:

Then, my first truck, a 92 Chevy 2500 with a 454, at the age of 15 on my way home from school (school permit) i got clocked by the local sheriff's deputy doing 124 (yes, that was extremely scary and fun at the same time, that truck could move) on the same frickin highway.

I think this above quote is bull$hit.
I've been in so many chevy pickups 97 1500 93 2500
and 89 1500 now of which went over 100mph you get to a hundred and it pops out of drive into neutral no matter so i think you full of it.
nice try though.

Didnt Rick have a blow out on 35s on gravel at liek 50?

yes I did. I was in a sand wash and hit a boulder that was partially buried in the sand. The truck handled fine. Just came to a straight stop.

But wait I thought explorers were prone to rollover,
hahaha
if rick punkin can take a blow about at 50 in a sand wash and just come to a straight stop. well i think it's settled that it all matters on the driver the ex isn't more prone to rolling then any other SUV

I got a unnessesary noise ticket once, back when i had my chevy beretta. I was just making noise with the tires, they weren't even spinning. Just going around a corner at like 50 km/h. thats the only time i have ever been stopped. But it still cost me 110 bucks!!, What a rip off, the town cops are assholes!

Originally posted by Lefy
I think this above quote is bull$hit.
I've been in so many chevy pickups 97 1500 93 2500
and 89 1500 now of which went over 100mph you get to a hundred and it pops out of drive into neutral no matter so i think you full of it.
nice try though.

Yes, the governor kicks in at 99-100 but i've never seen them pop into neutral. It just prevents you from accelerating. If you keep on the gas, you can feel it kick on at 99 or 100 and once you get down to 95 or 96 you can accelerate again.

Shane

I've been driving for almost three years now (including permit), and luckily I havent been pulled over yet. Have had a few close calls though...

Driving mom's new Jeep home one day and stomp the gas on a straightaway, jump it up to 90 in a couple seconds, come over a rise and look back and there's a cop right behind me....slowed her down and he followed me to the next town and turned off...

Me and one of my buddies leave high school half day to go to college auto body class, we leave school and are heading into town, we were passing each other and just having fun, then we had to turn off to get lunch and this old lady wouldnt let me by, so I sped up and jumped in front of her (I turned all the way around in my seat to check how much space I had and signalled) and turned off. The next day the principal calls us into his office and said the old lady called him up and chewed him out, but he was cool and just told us to take it easy for a couple days because the cops would be looking for a green Explorer and a black car :D He couldnt have done anything to us anyway, because once we leave school property they cant punish us for anything.

Most recent, me and my buddy go for food after work and pick up a couple girls, go eat and drop them off later....it just dumped about 5" of snow and ice so we're out doing doughnuts in the NAPA parking lot (I work at CarQuest so I'm not gonna do them in our parking lot :D), then we go back to get his vehicle and he tells me I cant climb a pile of snow at the end of the parking lot. So I drive over the top of it and get stuck. Lock it in and finally thrashed my way out. Got back on the parking lot and my buddy says, "Oh my God dude..." I looked over and the town marshall is setting right next to me, pulled over and stopped in the street. My buddy was scrambling around to put on his seat belt and I just set there and stared at the car. I got dark tinted windows and so does he, so I dont know what he was doing. I still just set there and then he started to drive away very very slowly, then he turned off at the next street. Still dunno if he was setting there to scare me and make me leave or if he was seeing if I was stuck and needed help....

nothing yet(knock on wood) i have had me permit sense may 03 and i speed 5-10 over most of the time(i know i know.. i souldent) and if i get any kind of ticket with a permit it's taken away and i have to start over..so im carful..and hopefully i won't ever get pulled over..or in a wreck.lol

Yes, the governor kicks in at 99-100 but i've never seen them pop into neutral. It just prevents you from accelerating. If you keep on the gas, you can feel it kick on at 99 or 100 and once you get down to 95 or 96 you can accelerate again.
Im my moms 1996 Balzer it cuts the fuel off at 95, and doesn't turn it back on until you reach a little over 55.

Finally got pulled over! 74 in a 55 no ticket! I was nice to the officer because I just came back from the dentist and was chillin' like a villan on darvacets so I wasn't even nervous. I suppose thats why I was speeding so much.The deputy approached with his partner in my blind spot with her hand on her holster! He asked why I was rushing and I told him I just got out of the dentist's office and my mouth was in agony and I just wanted to get home quick to get some tylenol. He lectured me about killing people and said he would turn it over to the city police for them to give me a ticket I was shatting bricks then because I just lost my job and had no fundage but when I got home my mom heard it on our police scanner and he said he let me off with a warning I was so relieved I went into town and did a doughnut in the steet! When I was heading back home I looked back and seen cherries so I evaded him in the logging roads and went through our secret driveway behind our house into our garage. Never again! I play it cool now whenever I see a cop they give me a stare that looks like a monkey about to rape a chicken.

Back