how bad have you been ?? | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bad have you been ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was caught doing 80 in a 30 in the bosses Rolls. The cop asked what I thought I was doing. I said its not mine wouldnt you. I did not even get a warning. He just got in his car and left.:eek:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hmmm, I got a ticket for 117 in a 65, in my '94 4dr X, still dont know how I got it up to that speed, course it would just peg out and keep going so its hard to tell what you are really doing. This was back in '97 and I was just a punk kid, that was late and trying to make some time. Now I have never even taken my '92 past eighty, way to many cops around here for that.

96 km/h in a 50 km/h zone 265$ ticket but the fastest and never got caught was 260 km/h in a 100 km/h zone in an old USA highway patrol Cevrolet Caprice 1979

110mph in a 65 on my R6. I didnt know he was back there or i wouldnt have stopped. He thanked me for not running and wrote it for 85 in a 65 so it wasnt criminal speeding.

You didn't intimidate them, they probably felt sorry for you.

Actually, POS cars can help get you out of tickets. I got out of quite a few with my old Toyota PUP because it was so garbage they believed the good 'ol messed up speedo ploy.

99 in a 55 caught by a PA state trooper last year. He came up to me and started talking like he was gonna write me 300 tickets. Than he saw me in uniform, thanked me for my service and told me to slow down before I get back into NJ haha. :salute:

No moving violations, yet... only a $30 parking ticket for not observing alternating parking in Buffalo (I don't live in the city, so I didn't know that early in the morning you can park on both sides, then it goes to one side later in the day, and that side alternates)

Oh, and a $5 (pfft..) ticket for parking in a paid lot in downtown Buffalo... didn't see an attendant, so I just parked

I have gotten like 5 or 6 tickets and most of them were speeding and one of them was a reckless driving ticket.

My insurance is 3500 a month ouch tell me about it.

$3500 a month? :eek:

$42k a year for car insurance? I call BS.

I'm guessing it's $350 ;)

On a funner note my sister got pulled over by a renta cop for spinning cookies in a mall parking lot. She got a misdemenar for it.. They also told her that she cant come back to the mall for a year... all for two cookies....

well i got picked up the other day for allegedly doing 76 in a 45, on a back country road that is rough as all heck, cop was from the next town over and later i talked to the local police chief and he just joking told me that if he would have got me he would've beat me and sent me on my way

well i got 2 speeding...one on the pa turnpike doing 110 in a 65,cop only wrote it down as i was doin 75 cause at the time i was a firefighter and had my fire company plate in the back window and he seen it and cut me a big break,only a 129 fine,and 2nd was on rt 55 in south jersey,i was delivering some wedding cakes and pastries to a catering place on delsea drive and was running a little late,so i just opened it up to hurry and get there and did 100+ right past a state trooper,ask why i was driving that fast,i was honest,told him i was making a delivery,he knew the people that owned the catering place and cut me a break,but told me to slow down cause he thought the van was a little unstable to be driving that was with cakes in it it was a 02 ford e-250 extended cargo van

Re:

So far with my Explorer... one speeding ticket for 62 in a 35, and one driving without insurance (they missed the lack of IM, no registration, and headlight out).

The only other thing on my record is a "Driving without due regard to circumstances" from a head on crash (black ice) in 2005.

I pay $200 a month for insurance through Progressive.

68 in a 35

I was driving at 10pm at night, in my old 1999 Honda accord. My window tint was dark enough that I didn't see the cop sitting on the side of the road. When he pulled me over in full honesty I told him the truth, and he knocked it down to 55mph. I did get a ticket for the window tint but eh I knew it was illegal and I was speeding. No tickets so far in the Explorer, I don't drive as fast anymore.

Back