Dismiss Notice

to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

How to: Quick and Easy 2nd gen Blend Door Replacement Tutorial

Discussion in 'Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC' started by Magicland, April 27, 2008.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Pulaskiman

Pulaskiman New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 Ford Explorer
      I can't see the pictures. Anyone else having issues with this, or know how to see the photos?

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. DaExplorer

DaExplorer Elite Explorer

City, State:
      San Diego Ca / Big Bear Ca
      97 XLT SOHC 4x4
      Try looking at posts 73 a 75 of this thread. I took some photos and wrote a little about it.
      Hope this helps.

4. STAMUS25

STAMUS25 New Member

1997 FORD EXPLORER
      great write up

5. Northwest1

Northwest1 New Member

City, State:
      washington
      1995 XLT
      I am very impressed with your detailed "from the bottom" repair approach. I have purchased the door from Napa and am excited to give your tutorial a go!! I have been running "full heat" all winter and now that spring is on the doorstep would love to get this repaired. I had assumed the actuator had failed.... but after removing and testing it works as required. Therefore, I have to assume that the door itself is stuck/broken/dis-attached.

However the images from your posted on April 2008....have broken links on the forum today. As your images would be a Huge benefit...is there a way that the images can be reposted for my (everyone's) benefit?

6. Northwest1

Northwest1 New Member

City, State:
      washington
      1995 XLT
      Dan Thanks for posting these images I am now eager to "cut my way in!"