• Register Today It's free!

How to siphon gas?

jtozer

Reaction score
City, State
san diego, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer
Hi folks, I'd like to be able to siphon gas from the tank of my Explorer periodically for my gasoline powered toys. When I stick tubing through the filler hole, I reach resistance at about 3 ft I can not get past. Is there something preventing me from reaching the gas? Any idea how to easily access the gas in my tank?

Thanks,
-J.R.

P.S. I don't plan to suck on the tube to get the gas - The tubing I got (at Walmart) has a hand squeeze bulb that will prime the siphon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jtozer said:
Hi folks, I'd like to be able to siphon gas from the tank of my Explorer periodically for my gasoline powered toys. When I stick tubing through the filler hole, I reach resistance at about 3 ft I can not get past. Is there something preventing me from reaching the gas? Any idea how to easily access the gas in my tank?

Thanks,
-J.R.

P.S. I don't plan to suck on the tube to get the gas - The tubing I got (at Walmart) has a hand squeeze bulb that will prime the siphon.

there is a screen at teh end of the filler neck to prevent you from siphoning gas out...just buy a lettle red gas can and use that to put gas in for your toys.

I would assume its to prevent theft of gasoline.

Get a squeeze bulb (like on dads 15 hp johnson tiller outboard) That's how the punks stole my gas :mad:

Yeah, if you can't get in there you can hook up a hose to the shrader valve on the fuel rail. It will take some time but the fuel pump does all the work.

better yet, drive it like you stole it :burnout:

Just buy a gas can, like Dman suggested.

jtozer said:

is the hose just a little bit bigger then a straw? if so i think i have the some one,...........throw it away!!!!! it would take 10mins for i gallon of gas :fire:

Back