How to tell if you are driving XLT, XLS MODEL? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to tell if you are driving XLT, XLS MODEL?

97 xlt

i have 97 lt. t has crome bumpers. does anyone now the proper name of fords green paint. it looks like a hunter green to me. pretty dark in color:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea...but the question was how to tell the difference between an XLT and XLS and the XLS didn't come til 99 when the front bumper was changed and there was not a whole chrome bumper like previous years. The XLT's had either Black bumper with chrome trim around the fog lights or optional painted bumper where as the XLS had a complete black bumper.

does anyone now the proper name of fords green paint. it looks like a hunter green to me. pretty dark in color:exp:

Check the door jamb on the driver's side. The paint code is in there. Once you find that, put Google to use and you'll find a lot of resources out there to tranlsate the paint code into a name.

Thanks guys and gals, I was wanting to figure out what mine is cause I am curius. I have a 2000 4.0 OHV 4x4 auto, it has leather seats, cruise control, a/c, but no over head console, no center console, arm rest, and it has manual windows and door locks. I installed some fog lights and was looking for a place to run the hot wire for them and there is no power wires in the fuse box for the power windows or locks. Thats what got me wondering what model this is.

thanks again

Ok it sounds like you have the XL model the bare bones and your seats are probably vinyl unless someone installed leather before you got it.

dosnt it say on the tailgate?

That is why I am asking cause it shows nothing, I guess it is the XL model

thanks

Do all EBs lack running boards? I wish mine had them!

Do all EBs lack running boards? I wish mine had them!

Since yours is a 96 from what I've seen with those EB's it seems like it was optional in the 95-97 year range that it could have either running boards or the plastic trim and optional fog lights.

Well after a friend and I were talking he reminded me of the VIN. DDUUHH yes mine is an XL, but that is fine

As long as your happy with it and it runs good that's all that matters.

yes im very happy with 4.0ohv v-6 it great low end torque great horsepower great i even race toyota 4runner 3.4dohc v-6 i spank some bad he was mad plus my 97 ford explorer retired cop cars that whati told my girlfriend both 4.0 best and realiabilty motor in the world

I understand that the EB and limited have biger rims.

I order a carfax said i had a 1997 ford explorer with xl/limited xlt/eddie bauer with ohv 4.0 v-6 12valve efi with 5-speed automatic
what does it mean

:rolleyes: Means your year of truck is a 1997 and that it is infact a Ford Explorer, you were told a couple times in different threads on how to identify your motor and not hard to tell which trim level you have if you read posts and if your truck has never been in a collision then look at your tailgate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The EB, Limited, and XLT Sport 4D and most 4D Sport's have 16" rims.

Back