• Register Today It's free!

Husky Liner question?

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
So I got my liners, and installed the 2 cargo ones. What is the velcro for that comes with the cargo liner?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't receive velcro with either of my liners.....

I didn't receive velcro either....

no velcro here. I just have the large one, 2nd row and back

I purchased all four (front, 2nd row, large cargo, and well). I received 2 sets of black circular velcro, about 2" diameter,(with adhesive backs) in the box with the large cargo. It doesn't say anything about what to do with them in the directions though.
Probably just a mistake.

I purchased all four (front, 2nd row, large cargo, and well). I received 2 sets of black circular velcro, about 2" diameter,(with adhesive backs) in the box with the large cargo. It doesn't say anything about what to do with them in the directions though.
Probably just a mistake.

If you'd like, I can email Steve and ask him. He is the Design Manager for Husky. I'll have to check my box, I was too excited when I took them out to see if there was anything else in the box besides the liner lol.

If you'd like, I can email Steve and ask him. He is the Design Manager for Husky. I'll have to check my box, I was too excited when I took them out to see if there was anything else in the box besides the liner lol.

Thanks, that'd be great. I'm pretty sure they came with the large cargo liner.

Thanks, that'd be great. I'm pretty sure they came with the large cargo liner.

Just checked, they were sitting in the box of the big cargo as well.

Lucille, here is the reply from Steve:

"We had discussed adding a Velcro dot set to use near the seat belt locations on each side. One would go on the liner and the other on the non-carpeted area near the tie-down. Here is why were discussing it--You can pull the tension out of the seat belt adjusters and the cargo liner will lay flat as the weight of the liner will hold the seat belt down. However, we wondered if possibly tension might be added back to the seat belt retractor during driving (especially on rough roads), which might slightly lift the corner of the liner near the seat belt.

We had not added instructions to the system so I thought that the Velcro was not being package in parts. We had mentioned the discussed addition of the Velcro to manufacturing and they obviously added the dots."

Thank You! I was a little curious about the liner/seat belt area. It seems to be fine though, and I'm not sure I want to stick the velcro on.

Well, I guess I'm not as dumb as I look :rolleyes: . I just went out and installed my 3rd row liner, and after seeing it sit up against the seatbelts I figured "that's what the velcro is for" and put the dots just forward of the seatbelts to hold it down.

I figured I'd come back here and report what I'd found and what the probable use for the velcro was, and someone had already called Husky and found out the same thing...

Back