I hope it gets here soon! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I hope it gets here soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Eric-you still have those cast iron ones to sell?

heater controls not switching-vacuum leak? (temp cold to hot works fine)

They're all yours for whatever it costs to ship them.

check the vacuum canister under the passenger side fender, it wouldn't take much for one of those lines to pop out.

I called the sheriff Dept to come do the VIN inspection-

They are closed for the holiday-back on Wednesday. WTF?:confused:

The Iola Ks police dispatcher is taking the calls, she took down our info.

Now see-this is exactly what I mean--
people ask me-what are your plans? Heck I can't plan anything.

I was told by the lady the sheriff department was closed until wed. We would be put on the list. The deputy will call before he comes on Wednesday.This was at 8:10am today

At exactly 9:05 a knock on the door. Yup-it's the deputy.
Good thing I wasn't still in my pajamas-or was I?:rolleyes:

Oh well, the VIN is clean

I don't plan ahead. That's my wife's job!:D

Me too, that always ends up kicking me in the ass. I want to work on something/build something and the wife has some ****iamamie event for me to be at :rolleyes:

Well, I think we found the exhaust leak--

I was dreading this one-the bolts looked real rusty-
Turns out-we had the manifold swapped in about an hour-

Thanks techieman33 for the manifolds--:thumbsup:
This truck runs real smoooooth:cool:

Attachments

• broken header.jpg
    broken header.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 8,306

It still kills me how cylinders 1 and 2 snake through cylinder 3 like that.

welcome to the forum bryan ur dad is a great guy

Geez--
the driver side manifold (the easy one) fought us all the way-

The rear collector bolt was rounded off-cutting it was a real joy let me tell you-:(
Then-of course we snapped a manifold bolt--:mad:

Got it out-

fitted the manifold -forgot the dipstick-removed the manifold-replaced dipstick-manifold won't fit-WTF:confused:

The cast manifold's from techieman's truck are a bit fatter right where they join into the collectors. So, we had to reform the dipstick tube, which took several fitments.
Well, we put some super flush into the radiator-changed the oil and filter, and took her for a slightly illegal spin. The truck is insured, but has no tags.

I only drove it about a mile out of town and back.

Steering feels a bit off, cant quite describe it but we have all new ball joints with the truck so I suspect they are toast.

The transfer case sounds like my grandma playing Yahtzee (she rolled the dice forever---)

Transmission seemed to hesitate on the very first shift, But operated smoothly from then on. I'll blow this off now and blame it on the fact it had been sitting for quite a while. The transmission hasn't shifted out of 1st gear for over a year---

I did several stops and accelerations. Since it doesn't have tags-I got skeert and turned it around. Bryan drove it back into town.We never exceeded 50mph so I cannot say how it actually drives. The important thing is it moves under it's own power real well, and the engine sounds like it should now.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Glad to hear it's on its way.

You know, if you wanted to take it for a test drive, you could just throw your tags on..:shifty_ey

hey bryan did u get the mounty yet

I'm posting for Bryan --since the PC is broken--

Yesterday we changed the rear brakes-
rotors, shoes, all hardware and pads.
It took a little longer than expected.

The driver side rear rotor was chewed up pretty bad-new sliders and a bit of grease should take care of it.
today we tore into the front-noting a bad driver side hub. There was at least 1/8" of play in the front wheel. That would explain the wha whaa wha sound it made on the road--:D

I just happened to have 2 low mileage hubs laying around-so we swapped one in there.
New rotors and pads for the front.
while the shackles were rotted out bad-I am amazed at the lack of rust everywhere else, seeing as this truck came from upstate New York.

I think we just about have this thing ready to put the lift on--

hint-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back