I need a vote on who likes my new Altezza's and who doesnt.... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a vote on who likes my new Altezza's and who doesnt....

What route do you think i should go???

• Keep the Altezza's?

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • Go back to the stockers?

Votes: 95 70.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by 98FordX24
I dont care if they still flash amber. I just want to get rid of the amber color on the lense.
copycat. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by james t
copycat. :D
Are you saying that you did this James? Cause if you did, I would like to know how you did it.

no, i havent done anything yet other than buy nnnick's clears. ive just always said that i hate the amber. im sure you picked up on it, and are now trying to be like me. :D

I have finally come to the conclusion that while clears look good on white or other lighter colered cars they dont quite fit with a darker car as mine. Back to stock with a little bit of smoke i go.

If I wanted to be like you I would need to far more beer than I do now.

I would need to far more beer than I do now.

sounds like you've already had enough beer ;)

rocket, I think you have a point there, I think it looks fine but I also agree that darker colors on darker vehicles works out better

This damn keyboard keeps screwin me up. It's new and it hasn't broken in yet.

my tails were originally clears, but i've been custom painting other peoples stock tail lights with the model paint and it works great! just spray it right on top and get ready for orange light.

btw- my brake lights are pink

Originally posted by expo5.0
btw- my brake lights are pink

Oh i bet that gets all the chicks. Hey man whatever happened to your flowered interior seat covers? hehe. I know that had to pick the honey's up. Hehe. I had to razz ya about that one. You shouldnt have changed to your greenish leather interior. Now there is nothing that interests women in your X besides the brakes. lol. Right? ;)

rocket, i say go back to stock.

The model paint holds up fine. I bought a set of clears off a member of the forum and used Testors candy apple red for the brake lights and Testors gloss black for the "border" around the lights. Looks stock. No one even notices they are different, except when i am parked next to another X, and even then you have to know something about Explorers, because most people assume i bought them from a company like that. And plus, with the stock white blubs in there, my turn signals are obnoxiously bright :D

Expo5.0, unless youre into the pink brake light image......
You can buy some of the red brake light bulbs and use those....my brake lights now are red.

i like the stock ones better, maybe you could find some w/ carbon fiber and replace them w/those? so i would stock or a different look...

I say go back to stock. But maybe smoke the stock a little. If you stay with the altezza's smoke those too.
The altezza's are just too bright too me.

A little irrevelant now. That Xs gone (RIP). Rocket, have you done any mods with the new X?

Originally posted by NOTAJP
A little irrevelant now. That Xs gone (RIP). Rocket, have you done any mods with the new X?

Sure enough have. So far i have installed my old DVD player into my new truck. I also have a custom true dual exhaust setup on it too. Got some Boss #306 20x8.5" rims with Eagle GT 2 tires. 20% window tint. Shaved the rear hatch emblems, and also am about to recieve and install my MAC cold air intake.

how do you "smoke the stock lenses? that would be cool, i think. i had lund blackouts on the rear and i notced ppl almost running into me cause they couold not see my brake lights during daytime. what do you use to paint them, i assume you paint them anyways.

I'm not a big altezza fan but I may buy some carbon fibre/black ones since I have a black ex. I think black or carbon fibre would look way better on your truck.

sor118 said:
I'm not a big altezza fan but I may buy some carbon fibre/black ones since I have a black ex. I think black or carbon fibre would look way better on your truck.

Yeah my old explorer(maroon one)is in the junk yard most likely. But with my new black explorer I will be getting the black carbon fiber ones or just smoking the stock lenses to match the paint job.

the altezzas look good on your truck... keep them....

and i am not a fan of them at all... but they clean up your truck a lot....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah those Altezza's did look ok. And they did survive the crash pretty ok too. Too bad the rest of the truck didnt. hehe. I just wish I oculd have been able to pull the engien and tranny from it. I would have dropped those both in a 5.0 mustang soooo quickly!!!!!

Back