and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

I really want one....

Discussion in 'Modified 2006 - 2010 Explorers' started by tenacioush, November 9, 2006.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tenacioush

tenacioush Member

City, State:
      corpus christi texas
      Year and Model:
      06 E.B. 4.6L 4x2
      A turbocharger. I really want one. Anyone know where to get one or any information on how it performed? Then again... does one exist?

Damn.... I really want one....

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. cwescapexlt4x4

cwescapexlt4x4 Explorin' the Desert SW Elite Explorer

City, State:
      623 AZ area
      Year and Model:
      2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
      Why would you want to turbo a V8? Try supercharging, seems to be a better mix to me for the lowend and power you would want in a V8 / SUV

4. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Crawlorado
      Year and Model:
      B2 Mod
      WRONG
      turbo charging is the best type of boost, ask around, most people who mess around with a supercharger eventually go turbo anyways hahaha

superchargers are good but the old tale about them being best suited for trucks, just is not so much true anymore, they have found more and more ways to make boost quicker.
      Supercharger or turbo and 4x4 rock crawler still dont really go together even through it is done, but I get the feeling this guy is looking for street power, not off road power since its a gen III with a 4.6L

Who doesnt want to turbo charge their street driven Explorer? I sure do!

Check out Rocket's truck on this forum, hes got a Gen III ex turbo project going right now.

You can turbo anything with an engine, its just a matter of time and $$

5. tenacioush

tenacioush Member

City, State:
      corpus christi texas
      Year and Model:
      06 E.B. 4.6L 4x2
      I want to turbo it for the same reasons anyone would.... its a lot more power. If i found a supercharger that fit the needs Id go with that jsut as easily.

410: exactly right. where can i see the progress on Rocket's truck? and by the way, mines a gen IV and its 4x2

Last edited: November 18, 2006
    6. snocross1985

snocross1985 Explorer-less Elite Explorer

City, State:
      South Hampton, NH
      Year and Model:
      2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V
      Rocket isn't going turbo, he's running a Kenne Bell 2.2 supercharger. :thumbsup: