I want my 4x4 back! Engages but no power to front driveshaft. Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want my 4x4 back! Engages but no power to front driveshaft. Help!

challlen

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 4dr 4x4 5speed
I have a 95 4x4 5 speed. I lifted it on jack stands. It goes into 4auto/low. There is no rotation powered to the front driveshaft. I believe I've got it figured out to either (Transfer Case Clutch Coil/ TOD relay or Solid state clutch relay i believe its called. Ive got the reduction to 4 low. Well, 2low. Been researching daily to figure out all the aspects of my trucks 4x4 system. I have tried, and I believe successfully put 12v to brown wire via dash. No lockup. 4x4 auto/low, everything used to work perfectly. So i did BWM, (4high/2low added)but one day after not using for a few weeks, it did NOT work... I redid all the wires 2xs, 3xs, even turned it back to stock (connecting the brown wire back to itself and removing the switch). Previously, until today when I jacked up the truck completely in the air and saw how the driveshafts were not linking together, I thought it may be a CAD (center axle disconnect) issue. I don't believe thats it. Im hoping I didn't somehow fry the TCCC, if thats even possible. Or if its some overlooked signal that needs to be linked to the GEM and its not, like maybe a speed sensor. Only note I have really is sometimes above 55-60 mph especially under hard acceleration the speedometer gets a little ahead of itself but typically reads normal just at high speeds bounces around a little. ANY info is greatly appreciated, I know these explorer forums are basically super out of date by now. I just figure someone has had this issue and has fixed it by now. Everyone likes to outline their problems but when they fix it they never report back. Understandable, but unfortunate to us with the problems. Thank you in advance. I have 33x12.5s brand new mud terrain and a bunch of trails I'm ready to hit. Please help..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the transfer a BW1354 electric shift?

I believe its a 4406 Borg Warner, electric shift of course.
hey but it could if you know more then me. I was under there a while ago i thought the 1354 was manual not auto shift... i was gonna upgrade if this whole thing went south but this is my only running current daily. Man i wanna go hit the sandy beaches right now

I have the same exact problem with my explorer 96 4.0 v6 4wd auto since the last 6 years. You turn the 4wd knob from 2wd to 4wd and simply gets nothing, and turn knob to 4wd low and i simply get 2wd low, so shift motor its fine. Im in the same boat with you, just cant get the front axle to get power, and already tried the brown wire mod, with no luck...i lost hope some years ago...

Back