i want to lower my 92 explorer properly. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i want to lower my 92 explorer properly.

JakeHansen92

Reaction score
City, State
Vancover
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer
I have a really nice 2wd 1992 ford explorer and want to lower it, both my dad and brother and my automotive teacher has told me to use blocks between my axle and leaf spring (which will work) and use a ranger lowing kit for the front.
the last week and a half I have been learning about suspension and how it works and all that in the class i'm taking at the moment, when I learned more about leaf springs I had lots of questing about how to lower cars and all that (more for my car) and all the said was the block suggestion and then a lowering kit for the front of my car. he said that it would be a bit sketchy and I also thought the same.
is there a proper way to lower a 92 ford explorer how would I do this properly and safely?
thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check this link for threads on lowering the 1st gen Explorer.
Google Custom Search

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Did you get anything I’m also looking into getting a lowering kit for my 1993

Shorter coil springs and blocks are your ticket unless you want to spend substantially more on custom leaves.

Shorter coil springs and blocks are your ticket unless you want to spend substantially more on custom leaves.

I seen that I could use rangers springs from 87 to 97 for a 2 inch drop is this true and use 3 inch drop with blocks at the rear and on another note why are spindles so expensive for my gen 1? Do you know if I will be able to run 18*9.5 +6 offset on 225/45/18 in the front and 225/50/18 at the rear

Back