IC lights going out 1by 1, fuel gauge now not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IC lights going out 1by 1, fuel gauge now not working

A Roy

Reaction score
City, State
Jupiter Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Adrenaline
i have a 2010 Adrenaline and I have been noticing the lights on my instrument cluster going out one by one. Thought it was the bulbs burning out. Yesterday the low fuel warning light came on and I noticed the gauge at the bottom though I knew I had fuel. There was some jibber is her displayed momentarily on the message window, though now it reads normally. Put more gas in and still no movement on the gauge. Has remained like that after several starts. I know the gauge is wired direct and not through the dimmer, but am wondering if somehow the occurrences may be related. All other switch lights appear to be functioning appropriately. Anybody have experience with this? Thanks
A Roy
2010 sport Trac Adrenaline
4.6 V8
Stock

there is a TSB for the strange message center scrambling. I performed it by adding the ferrite core to the cluster harness. It may have helped it some, but it still has glitches every now and then. haven't seen problems with the gauges though...

http://www.revbase.com/bbbmotor/tsb/downloadpdf?id=171560

You might try checking your instrument cluster cable connector is secure. Even if it is good, disconnecting and reconnecting might help. IC is easily removed, see link below (different model and year, but procedure is the same).

Back