Wanted - ideas for places to meet up with Todd | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted ideas for places to meet up with Todd

Parts or services wanted
idea

Ace café Sunday 9th on the A40/north circular NW10 7UD
its remembrance day so they are having military vehicles there 9am on
http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx
cant guarantee i can make it tho ...depends on work ....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The weekend after next would probably be better. But if this weekend works for everyone I'm game. Keep me in the loop!

Either of those weekends are good for me

any weekends good for me, i work on sat from 5.30am till 12 roughly

Well I'm going to be wreaking havoc on the roads of England this weekend. Friday and Saturday at least. I think I'm going to explore the Cotswolds and see what I can get into. I can still meet up Sunday if you guys are free.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what to see and any places to spend the night? Any tips for driving? I think I'm getting a Corsa 1.2 petrol so no high mountains, LOL!

Sounds like fun. Basic rules of driving over here. You cannot cross a red light at all. We drive on the left side of the road. The car will be a manual gear change. We have loads of roundabouts, here you give way to the right. Our typical speed limits are 30 in towns 40 where shown 60 where no limit is shown ( that is a white circle with a black stripe) and 70 on motorways (freeways) and dual carriageways. On narrow roads, and we have plenty, give-way to oncoming traffic when there is an obstruction on your side of the road (ie a parked car/truck etc). We have give way junctions (indicated by sign and double dotted lines across road) and stop junctions (indicated by sign and double solid lines across road). You must not cross solid white line in middle of road (ie overtaking). Other than that do not drive too slowly as this winds everyone up. Watch out for the speed cameras and mobile police units. You might like to visit Cirencester, which has some good roman remains.

rules

Ok In the uk we have a hard rule, if you hit it- be sure its dead, use reverse if you have to! If you run over an Explorer owner- be nice and bring him or her a large whiskey for medication. Say sorry and promise him your 5 litre for his 4, that should ensure no legal action against you. Part from that have fun mate and remember its ONLY a vauxhaul so rag it till it smokes and rattles!

and remember its ONLY a vauxhaul so rag it till it smokes and rattles!

I do plan on that! I got a road map with all the speed camera locations. Hope to have some fun! :D I will make sure things are dead and yield to all Explorer owners. Sadly they won't know I to am one of them.

The meld begins

Wait a while Todd- I have never spoken of my powers on this board, but I can mind meld............I will inform all Ex owners in a radius of say 25 miles- give or take 3 as sometimes my mind is........ shall we say, less tuned!
They will know you on site and flash you- with the lights you will be glad to hear.

Have fun mate and wreck the Vaux!

wot the vaux reg, i could be flashing all the way to dover and not knowing if it was him lol

Ok, so right now I'm leaving London Friday morning, swinging by Chipping Norton, then on to Hay on Wye as recommended by Rich. Spend the night there. Head out early in the morning to Cheltenham. Then on to Cirencester(how do you say that!?). And head back to London. I may try and extend the car till Sunday and get a co-pilot. LOL!

The Vauxhall will not be crashed. There may be no clutch by the time I'm finished with and the valve train will be shot. But body damage will be limited. I will flash at every Explorer I see!!

siren - sester
cirencester
:D

siren - sester
cirencester
:D

So obvious. Gosh I hate that!

So how about Sunday? I can get to any tube stop/train station. Just let me know where!

its not that obvious lol
is very different from how its said!

for sure you will have fun with the Welsh place names too :)

I'm booked at the Baskerville Hall Hotel for Friday night. Fantastic! Wasn't too pricey either. It will be nice to get out of London.

welcome to the uk (53rd state)

welcome to the uk (53rd state)

Ha Ha. If only..

I have returned safely! That was very different but at the same time I caught on quickly and can now flawlessly drive a manual transmission. It wasn't a Corsa, it was a Peugeot 207 1.4HDi. It was too bad. Made sure to use the full rev band to accelerate. The dang thing got 64MPG. WTF? That is crazy. I did 400 miles and barely used 3/4 of a tank.

I need a rest, I'll be making a post on my blog about it later this evening. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

now you can see why we hate the french so much there cars are as well made as a mecarno set and to top it off they eat frogs and spit when they talk kill the pug before you give it back

pugs are coooool mate-if todd had been around 5 years ago he could have had a go in the mighty 205 1.9 he would have needed the rest of the week to recover lol.will always miss my 1.9 convertable 205(although my mx5's or miata's as todd would know them do sort of fill the gap lol :D)
i do still wish i could get nearly 70mpg though:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive had loads of french cars but as a mechanic that is all i ever seem to work on (i suppose thats a good thing at least they keep me busy) as there always going wrong i had a renult 5gt radar back in the day and i loved it but id say it spent more time off the road than it ever see on the road i must say i did have a little thing for the 1.9 gti 205 but still i stand by what i say about french cars more so nowdays than the 80's to early 90's when they was doing something right then mind you people do like them my wifes lagunna was stolen last month how they did it christ knows as it dont have keys but uses a card instead so they must of liked it even though i thought it was *?@t ..........i cant think of any french car that they make at the moment that i would like to own

Back