1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ignition Control Module location?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by playboy16, December 18, 2006.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. playboy16

playboy16 New Member

City, State:
      van
      Anybody know where the ignition control module is located in the 4 litres...i working with a 93 wiring harness and jsut realized i dont have the module. Where in a donor truck wound i find it and what years will work with the 93 harness? pics would be great!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MrShorty

MrShorty Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Spanish Fork, UT
      Year and Model:
      92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
      On my '92, the ICM is in the front of the engine compartment, passenger side, next to the radiator and head light and in front of the battery.

I'm not certain on compatibility from year to year. Considering some of the differences, I wouldn't be too surprised if you have to get one from a '93.