I'm looking for a guy in New England (MA, will travel) who knows his sh%# | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm looking for a guy in New England (MA, will travel) who knows his sh%#

MyExplorer03v8Lim

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.6L
Hi fellow Explorers,

Can anyone recommend a solid mechanic with good diagnosis skills in the massachusetts/ new England region?

Someone who knows how to read a scan tool. Diagnose engine issues without codes etc.

My engine idles rough, needs cats, but is really picky about throwing codes. I can FEEL that it lacks power and is bogged down. It had misfires in the past and definitely sent some unburnt fuel down the pipes. But I still feel like there's some sort of minor intake issue that's killing the cats.

I just want to know if anyone here knows a genius ford engine guy, who actually thinks it's worth his time to look at an 03 explorer 4.6.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where in mass are you?

If you want to drive up to East Boston go to Eastern Auto on Liverpool St. Owners name is Don he runs a good honest shop. The wife and I have been going to him 15 years or so.

How about Eric @ South Main Auto in upstate New York? See his Youtube channel (which is amazing). Only 400 miles :), and we can all see him diagnose your issue on his youtube channel!

+1 on Eric. I love his videos.

I know this thread is pretty old at this point but wondering if you found anyone? Just picked up an explorer that needs some suspension work and I'd be good to know of someone in case I f*** it up and need backup...:laugh:

Back