Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

I'm still alive and kicking.

Discussion in 'Aerostar Forum' started by Icuff4cash, September 16, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Icuff4cash

Icuff4cash Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Las vegas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 aerostar awd
      the aero bomber is still running good except for the transfer case leak. Once a month I start it. Fires right up,I drive it around the lock don't want those new tires getting a flat spot. They only have 100 miles on them. Its been an awful summer josh p will tell you. Vegas and tusk every day was min 105 . On a cool day we had the whole month of aug 113-117 every day to hot to do crap. I got to re-rubygoldburg my transfer case. From the 117 air temp and the black top reflecting back heat. It melted all the jb weld on the egg cracks on the transfer case. Talked to permatex,they sent me 4 tubes for free of there steel gas tank,radiator repair epoxy. Part number 80884 and on the bottom of the blister pack number GTR-1. I was told this might work, but gas tanks are steel and transfer cases are made out of magnesium. So they don't guarantee it sticks. I guess that's why it was free. Anyway you can fix a tank with gas or diesel fuel in it if it drips other wise they say drain it if possible. Clean the tank with brake cleaner and mix both sticks as much as you need. It drys in 30 min and rock hard in 2 hours. This time I'm going to drain it with a pump,oil still sits in the case below the drain plug. And one more time,since that's what I have on my side. If it fails eather I remove the front drive shaft and drive in 2wd or look for a transfer case. I have a new mug welder I'm itching to finish my arepbomber Westfield camper.anyone with some used air shock I hate spending almost 100 for new.
      AEROBOMBER BOB.....

IMG_0147.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Phoenix Az
      1991 aerostar
      I'm still around, too. What happened with your drivers license?

4. Icuff4cash

City, State:
      Las vegas
      1994 aerostar awd
      Just got the word today,if you want the areobomber you can have it for a grand. That $900 worth of tires and rims alone and all the stuff I have with it. No good so it's costing me 100 a month on insurence.

5. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Phoenix Az
      1991 aerostar
      I'll be in contact with you.

6. Icuff4cash

City, State:
      Las vegas