immobilser pats bosch system problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

immobilser pats bosch system problems

stonesour5

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi all,

Any hints or tips will be greatly appreciated,

I have a 1997 ford explorer 4l sohc v6
it has a bosch immobiliser system on it, basically the key fob is supposed to open door locks and is needed to be pressed to start the engine, well disaster has struck! that temperamental little button has fell apart/broke so I am now left with a vehicle that I can only open and close the door locks with the key, the work individually and the central locking doesn't seem to be working at all
To add to the fun of it all, as I have no button to press to disarm this wonderfully secure system I cannot start the vehicle! so currently I have a lovely looking garden shed that will not start due to alarm/immobilser system failure!

I'm sure I am not alone in having this issue, is there anyone with ay idea or hints on how I can either bypass this system or where to get a replacement one button key fob in the uk, (they seem to be like hens teeth and the one I did find, the delightful gentleman thought he would like me to remortgage my house and give him £500 for a used untested fob!! ah well god loves a trier!)

Ideally I would probably prefer to remove the system but unsure what all I would need to do to do this or if it can be done, I was also told that taking the system off can cause other problems, anyone know if this is right or wrong?

Thanks to anyone in advance who has any helpful suggestions

thanks for reading

Back