In or Near Philadelphia? | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In or Near Philadelphia?

the ranger wont bolt right up.... but however it wont be hard to mod it up to fit.... i already looked into it.... shouldnt be hard.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I figured that since it already needs inner fenders, fenders, hood, cross brace, and grille, why the hell not.

Welp ... the KOP curse kicked me in the nads tonight.... I was wheelin up at a popular place here to see the fireworks and the drivers side tierod started maken some nasty noise... so im off to ford tomorrow to see if they got one in stock... I also blew up a shock in the rear.... just more work.... damn that KOP curse ... damn it!!!!

chris I was just wondering how much it is going to cost me for the night run and sunday, I was also wondering where everyone was meeting on sat for the night run

well im leaving here at 6 am tomorow...... gonna be some nice drive.

Im not sure what im doing. I think im going up to chris's house tonight or tomorrow morning.

Originally posted by 94EBexplorer
the ranger wont bolt right up.... but however it wont be hard to mod it up to fit.... i already looked into it.... shouldnt be hard.:D
Where you gonna do that on your 94? Ive got a 96 and i cant imagine a ranger front end would fit on both a first and second gen explorer. Im thinking if i do this ill get some badges made up that say "ExpRanger" or something

Shaun, you're an honorary Explorer in my book ;)

Thanks for the detailed directions, Jeff and Tom...I dunno about everybody else, but I'm copying the WHOLE thing to take with me.

As for ride alongs, I can ask Jason (my fiance) to stay at home if there's no room, but I already promised Wolf a ride up since his 4x4 Explorer is undergoing a V8 swap (yeahhh, let's see you guys call him a ricer for dropping a Mustang engine into his X, lol). Jay really just wants to know what it is I do with all these "guys" , HAHA :D

Everybody who can't make it down to the KOP part, I understand and I'm not gonna hold acts of God and Ford against ya ;) There'll always be a next time...

Originally posted by explornj
chris I was just wondering how much it is going to cost me for the night run and sunday, I was also wondering where everyone was meeting on sat for the night run

I guess everyones meeting here.... at my house, its about 5 min down the road from Forest Hill Inn.....

I just got back from ford, they wont have the part in till this afternoon sometime hopefully.... and I still have to get shocks.... :confused: Im suppose to go wheelin tonight again but not sure if I am or not. :roll:

***EVERYONE THAT IS WHEELIN SAT NIGHT***
be sure to have good lighting on your truck, the cost for night wheelin and sunday wheelin is $50 for both.

Now.... Im still trying to get some #'s here, 1) how many trucks are wheelin.... 2) how many ppl are comming.
I need this info for paragon....

Saturday evening Im gonna have a BBQ here around 4-5pm, we have to be at paragon by 6:15 for the night run. so plan you traveling time accordingly. See yall soon.

I'm confused.....

Saturday we are meeting at some (no one picked) parking lot. Then we are hitting tgif's??? What time on Saturday and is anyone picking a parking lot? I won't be following along to the paragon stuff so whats all scheduled for the KOP???

I really need to know asap.....I haven't seen my family in a year and I leave Sunday to go home again. I really want to meet up in KOP but need to know if anything is scheduled......or I'll just stay w/ my family.

Wait soo how many freaking people are dropping out of the king of prussia thing? Really if there are only a tiny amount of people coming, then there is no point! Again I will be pissed off because I am blowing off a open house at the shore for this. FOR TOMORROW MY CELL PHONE IS 610-724-1110 !!!! IF ANY OF YOU GET LOST THEN CALL ME!!! Please get back to me if you are coming to this or not, because I am becoming rather angry.(even though most of the stuff that has happened in non of your faults)

I picked the parking lot (read my directions post above). 11 am is the meeting time, we will do a explorer line to king of prussia, eat, then do a explorer line around king of prussia, down route 30 ect. 11-3 maybe? thats all i know. Spas you bringing your cam?

Ok, I'm in for both days, and tomorrow I'll be coming down the NJ turnpike from NYC, does anybody along the way need a ride or is anybody else taking that route that wants to meet up just shoot back. We're meeting at 11am tomorrow at Valley Forge Park right (in the parking lot RE described above)? Oh yeah, my moby# is: 516.524.3499.

Here's the agreed on game plan:

11AM: meet in parking lot at Valley Forge Park
12PM or sooner: cruise to King Of Prussia mall
1PM: lunch at TGIF's
2-3PM: goof off :D
3-3:30PM: Spas, Das Frem, and 94EbExplorer leave for
Hazleton/Paragon

Lizard doesn't know if he'll make it to the KOP half of this shindig because of parts he broke on July 4th, so as of RIGHT NOW, the X's that WILL BE at the parking lot 11AM saturday are:

Spas
Alpha
Roadenforcer
JDraper
Das Frem
94EbExplorer

Its unfortunate that we lost so many, but 6 Explorers is still better than none!

My advice is to get packing, print out every scrap of driving directions you can find, and get some sleep, cause we're gonna have SOME FUN TOMORROW!

:bounce:

Yeah, fun as long as my sunburn from the beach yesterday heals better. At least I didn't burn myself while lighting off fireworks while maybe a little intoxicated.

My God it went from like 14 trucks down to 6 Dizamn. Alright I am running out to buy wax, and tire shine. I will do some vacuming and maybe do some armorall, or whatever that interior shining stuff is. Where should I put my eXtremeeXplorer.com decal?

ok im in.... ill see you all at 11am... i got all my tow hooks on and my 31" sapre on the roof ( dont know what the hell good its really gonna do me if i get a flat) hey chris, do you have a welder? i put my front tow hook on but i couldnt get the bolts to snug down inbetween the frame rail would it be any troulbe if you could tack it for me real quick? other than that im good to go.:D

yeah I got a welder... or 2 ... yeah I can do that for ya...

Spas,
Your truck still has 4wd, and you got bigger tires:D All we have to do is crank up your torsion bars, and slap a set of shackles on, and you'll be ready to hit the trails once again, we could prob. do this in under an hour, then after Sun., we can restore it to it's previous height:D My truck is almost back to normal, got to make a trip out to Autozone to get my codes read, but I'm good to go. Anyone running your trucks at PAP, try to bring some general tools, just incase.
Anyone know if Parli was going to come?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lizard I am comming out for the night run and sunday run, towing the X out, meeting muskrat and namitey then hitting the junk yard before wheeling, all I need to make sure is I have a place to put my sleeping bag down

Back