Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Injector wiring pinout

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by 19krpm, February 6, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 19krpm

19krpm New Member

City, State:
      seattle WA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      01 sport trac
      Im assuming the wiring runs through the big 42pin connector. Does anyone have access to the wiring diagram? I have found a connector view off of a range C311, but that only have wire colors. Im looking to test the injectors without pulling the intake so need to know where the pin locations are for the injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. swshawaii

swshawaii Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
      '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
    4. 19krpm

19krpm New Member

City, State:
      seattle WA
      01 sport trac
      Thank you! Those defiantly helped. It does not look like the injectors go into the square 42 pin. I’m guessing they Y into the harness behind the intake and into the ecu firewall connector?

5. 19krpm

19krpm New Member

City, State:
      seattle WA
      01 sport trac
      Fuel injector testing process

I meant to take a video of the injector checking process, but my injector tester quit working just after my last test. I did take some pictures which may help someone in the future.

5310DC3C-9B96-40BB-A86A-197D7CBC46E2.jpeg 0775C029-2B5F-42C8-B6B7-CCC25781CD8D.jpeg 42E4ECC8-B6C3-426F-825F-92C27DFE3FFB.jpeg 241C6042-9BB1-4EDB-87D1-E6A876C5E5C0.jpeg

AABBF228-D26F-4610-B87B-A359354ED4BF.jpeg

The injectors connect at the grey 104 pin connector at the firewall, not the square 42pin. You can gently pry off the black cover from the connector to back probe the injectors. The wiring pin out I used was incorrect so I am not going to post a pin out. Since you are back probing into the harness you will only be hooking up the ground output on the injector tester. The power and ground inputs booth need to hooked up as usual.

When ground is applied the injectors will audibly click open. The key of the vehicle needs to be on (engine off) and the fuel pressure on gauge should be to the highest static level it can achieve. Mine was at about 56psi after cycling the key two or three times. After the key is cycled the last time and left on, I quickly go back under the hood and hit the pulse button that fires the injector being tested. Mine all consistently dropped from 56 to about 41psi. My tester was on mode 2 (medium).

Hope this helps someone in the future. Injectors are not my problem.