installed a 19x34 domar sunroof last night | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

installed a 19x34 domar sunroof last night

tl1000r

Reaction score
City, State
michigan, hillsdale
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt 4x4 4.0 sohc
installed a 19x34 donmar sunroof last night

:thumbsup: i bought it brand new from green country sunroof or sundoctor.com it a
5 pos. opening sunroof or removable glass it a great sunroof comes with template and everything u need to install it minus tools it came with a stick on seal that goes on the frame to keep water out, but i wanted a little better seal so i took some windshield urthane sealant and used that work great no leaks took me about 3hrs from start to finish looks sweet and works great if you want pics pm me i`ll send u some :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh it costed 169.00 plus shipping

Sounds great! Lets see the pics?
I have been thinking of this for years for my BII.......

i guess i cant post pics u have a email where i can send them?

In for pics

hit that email address?
yeah i just bolted the overhead console back on over the trim on the sunroof it looks great i think i might notch it out just a little to make it lay flat to the headliner

here they are: looks great!
2893sunroof2.jpg

2893sunroof3.jpg

2893sunroof1.jpg

thanks yeah i`m really happy the way it turn out just had to get the right size of sunroof so it get rid of the grooves in the top of the roof yeah i had to call and ask about the donmar brand sunroof they dont list them on there website they had a 20x34 i think and fguire that would be to big so i went with the 19x34

Looks really good. Nice job. :cool: Sounds like a nice deal too.

Ooo...That looks good. Nice clean install too.

thanks guys i just traced out the hole out and used air nibblers and went to town

That looks great. Could it have been positioned back any further?

nope because if it was then the grooves in the roof on the front side would have been still there, then it wouldnt have sealed right.

Back