• Register Today It's free!

intake spacer egr tube????

cashmoney37

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
When installing a one inch intake spacer on a 2000 5.0 mountaineer with tmh's, what do you do about the egr tube? Is there a spacer, or do you have to get a different egr tube?
Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bob can make one for you. I told him I was doing both at the same time and he fabbed the the tube to fit and shipped it with the headers.

You can take YOUR EGR tube to a qualified welder/fabricator (search for a 4x4 fabricator in your neighborhood) and have him cut the tube in half, and weld in a 1" section of tube to make up for the new differnce in height.

That is what Bob does....and I ordered mine from Bob when I got my TMH's.

Ryan

Or,
With some creative bending and tweaking, the stock one will work. It may take some cussing and several test fits, but if you keep your cool you can reform it to work. Done it.

There is no way I can tell you how to do this. You just have to take your time, and be very careful not to damage the flare ends.
I believe I used a broken 3/8" drive extension jammed into the tube for leverage to make the bend, with the tube clamped in a vise.

Yeah, I believe there are pictures posted that has what the OEM one will look like when you rebend it lik Jon said...

Ryan

I just got the extended tube from Bob. Simple as that. :D

I have a 98 5.0 I want to install an intake spacer on, but I am too late in the game to obtain TMH until the rumors become fact on more being produced. After installing the spacer, is it possible to re-align the EGR tube to fit with stock manifolds, or should I pull a second one from a pull yard and have a 1" section welded in to accommodate for the difference in height? Thanks guys.

Intake spacers are not worth the effort from a performance standpoint.

Adds 8 inches of intake velocity and keeps the upper intake warm enough to hold your hand on it., not bad for 6 bolts and a longer tube

MSD coil packs, K&N filters and "cold air intakes" are not worth the effort either.

Back