• Register Today It's free!

Is it done for? Crank no start

idontknow82

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V6 OHV
It started a day ago when it was 15 out. Now it won't start at all. Recorded the sound for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuel Pump? Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

Other than that, maybe a crank sensor if they have one.

Ya, try giving the gas tank a few moderate wallops with a rubber mallet and see if it starts.

No reason to think this engine is done for. (1). Are you getting fuel pressure at the fuel rail shrader valve? (2) Are you getting spark? These wold be good questions to begin with.

Good luck. This should be able to run soon.

Thanks for the suggestions! No fuel pump sound like there use to be. I knew I should have dumped it at the junk yard back in September, now that is where it will go to. I am tired of the constant headaches with this explorer. Thanks for the help everyone!

Those are your words not mine! I am considering other problems as well as the condition of the under body as well. I could hold on to it and use it as a trade in too, lots of options.

Again I agree with you. It is good to have lots of options.

Good luck with your decisions.

Engine sounds very healthy. Does the CEL come on? Make sure the relays work right.

Hey 96eb96. Code reader doesn't pull any codes.
I did switch a couple of the bigger relays around.
I will check the book to see the specifics.

Oh by the way hope you all can excuse my outburst, this vehicle often really winds me up and it takes a while to settle down.

Back