and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Jack location on a F150??

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Soundguy01tx, August 3, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Soundguy01tx

Soundguy01tx Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Katy, TX
      Year and Model:
      1991 XLT
      Anyone know where the jack is located on a F150 Ext Cab? (New Body style)??? I need to use it to remedy a situation I put myself in, but cant find it on a frends truck.
      --bryan
      PS - Im gonna sit here and search for an answer online while waiting to hear from any of you wonderful people!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Ranger

City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      Year and Model:
      98 XLT Supercab 4x2
      its either in a wall of the truck in the exended cab or under the hood....

4. SWLathrop

SWLathrop Active Member

City, State:
      Yorkshire,NY
      Year and Model:
      01 & 02 Stang, 94 Sable
      Try looking under the front passenger seat...:D

5. mattadams

mattadams Tall Man Little Escape Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Longmont, CO
      Year and Model:
      2010 Escape XLT
      you didn't say what year, they change it from year to year. UP until about 97 it was in the engine compartment. In 98 they put it under the passenger seat. Its in a little compartment that "pulls out" from under the seat. In 2002 I believe they put it under the back seat.
      Here's hwo I modified my jack location in my F-150 to include a "real jack" instead of Ford's crappy little jack.
      (picture is taken without the seats in the vehicle, this was as I was taking out all the interior to replace the interior with insulation and then put it all back in.
      [​IMG]

Last edited: August 3, 2002
    6. Soundguy01tx

Soundguy01tx Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Katy, TX
      Year and Model:
      1991 XLT
      Thanks guys, it is under the passenger seat. I figured it out as I grunted in frustration and starting to gather up my flashlight and other things. Haha, and there it was! Thanks for the help.
      --bryan