James Duff Radius Arm Pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

James Duff Radius Arm Pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you ever get some fully finished pics

Yes, Just been too busy, I'll get them up this weekend if not sooner. It looks soo much better.

ive been looking at doing it for a while, as soon as the lawyer is paid off, im getting a set from JD, ive heard good things about them and their return policy. not so happy with the blue tho but ill live with it. cant wait to see them pics and cant wait to do it my self :D

Sorry for the delay guys. Going to get pics right now.

I had to add a little height to even the wheels and also allow room for alignment. I need to add only a .5 to 1" lift for the rear via shackels. Where to find shackels that high? Don't want to buy Warriors and cut them down. Anyway...on to the pics.

Attachments

• duff  install side.jpg
    duff install side.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,760
  • Duff install passenger.jpg
    Duff install passenger.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 2,691
  • duff  install underside.jpg
    duff install underside.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,785

It's a lot easier to work on the exhaust now with all that extra room. It looks so much better from the side now. Bumps are much more tame as well.

Attachments

• Duff install right.jpg
    Duff install right.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,967
  • Duff install left.jpg
    Duff install left.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,630

There is NO off-roading here in Nebraska. I will not be here forever so I'm getting it ready for when I retire and go back to the good 'ol South East.

For now, it is my DD since I don't have an engine in my other car. It does drive a bit better but can't really give an apples to apples comparison. When I bought the truck back from the previous owners GF, I had to replace the whole steering set-up and re-tighten and re-pack the bearings.. I hope to get the Duff upper coil mount to utilize the dual shock these arms are capable of. The shocks I have are maxed out so off-raoding will not give me my full wheel travel potential. Plus I need longer brake lines now.

yeah i want their dual set up when i get the ext arms, ill just buy two more RC nitro shocks for the front. :D already got my ext ss brake lines on, came from Procomp

If you have the extra coin, definatly save on shipping buying together. How much did the brake lines set you back? PICS?

Luckiy l I have enough room on the rear but I bet stainless lines help the braking feel over the stock POS's.

eBay or the Store
l_474a4b5754454c7cad24309a070fb07d.png

Passenger Side
l_067ae4a8ebab460784eba9a60461505c.png

l_ee30dabb55c44f2a99c447112f11c6f0.png

Driver
l_cb99ebbfdabe46c2b3dec02b5f368b19.png

l_2a022c31e47f4d61a4cf4d40f26f0ddc.png

Rear, yes that is a garden spike as a bracket!
l_d5b885b92f104e4f8c9dba524d5a0ca8.png

l_e24248b268dc451da02c1e5f67f6bfdd.png

Had to undo the bracket for the back, they had the holes on wrong side, so just had to move the hose.

Luckiy l I have enough room on the rear but I bet stainless lines help the braking feel over the stock POS's.

under normal circumstances or reg in town slow driving, didnt notice a difference, however after muddin, fieldin, or driving at 75 mph for like 2 hours, :D yes a difference

Nice pictures and great explaination on installation

yeah i want their dual set up when i get the ext arms, ill just buy two more RC nitro shocks for the front. :D already got my ext ss brake lines on, came from Procomp

There top bucket dont use the same shocks as stock so the shock you have will not work,dont buy expensive shocks if you plan on going to their buckets

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back