jim's 84 toyota

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
well, finally got my dream truck, sort of.... needs a lot of work, and although its not an xcab ranger or explorer with a solid axle, its not bad... the yotas are very stout, and ive gotten used to them after owning my old red truck....

This is my new truck. It is a 22r, g52, 1984, sr5, xcab, 4x4, solid axle, 4.10 gears, RN66, CA emissions

I bought this truck from 8Snaces on marlins bb

Needs a lot of work, and TLC. I got it without an engine. It also had a first gen. bed on it. That bed is up for sale, as I will be putting the bobbed first gen. bed off of my 85. The engine it is getting is from my rolled 85 2wd, 22r, ca emissions – the smog setup seems a little bit different, but still falls well within legal requirements… the truck seems to be set up as the older 22r, and my 85 22r has the pear exhaust ports like the re

I’m working on getting the engine in now…. It still needs some misc. engine parts like the idler system and such to add power steering, it doesn’t have a/c or a smog pump so that wont be an issue

Got a grill, bumper and grill guard for it, also have headlights, turn signals…

The front crossmember was FUBARed, so I built one, and had a member from TTORA weld it in

Picture_12.jpg

Picture_9.jpg

Picture_210.jpg

Dsc00789.jpg

Picture_8.jpg

Picture_39.jpg

here is the exhaust..... i usually run it like this (open) i hate my neighbors ;) and like the way it sounds
cat.jpg

here is the muffler, it is sleeved so it slips on to the rest, and it has a clamp to make it legal or hush it up a little bit
muffler.jpg

and here is a pic from the front, none of that is bolted in just ziptied in place for the picture....

front5.jpg

ENGINE IS IN!!! AND CONNECTED TO TRANNY!!!!!! now i just need to bolt it all down

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Engine in! RAWR!!!!!
Picture_93.jpg

used 35x14.5x15 thornbirds
Picture_213.jpg

Picture_124.jpg

Picture_142.jpg

Picture_132.jpg

2wd rear springs with aal
Picture_411.jpg

harbor freight electric impact
Picture_54.jpg

random garage/truck pic
Picture_104.jpg

i had a 77 toyota hilux 4x2 with the 20R...i custom rolled the fenders and fit 33's on it...had a custom exhaust and changed the speedo gear...i couldn't kill it...it had the big bus driver steering wheel and no power anything...i must say i wouldn't have even dreamed of putting 35x14.50's on it, lol

this truck has power steering, and its a 4x4 with the 22r

my old 2wd was an 85, it was lifted on 31s.. had no power anything but heater and radio, lol.. i rolled it last year :(
the engine from it is going into the new truck.....

shhh, don't tell anyone...did you know for years that all toyota 4x4 trucks were actually made in the u.s....in cali to be exact...i know cause i use to make some of the parts for them...they would come over to the states and be taken apart and they used to put out about 6 trucks a week for the dealers...the company that did it was called specialized automotive or automotive specialties, i forget...just some trivia...

toyota trucks are made here now, lol

tacomas are made about 10 minutes from my house

lightpulleys.jpg

lightpulleys1.jpg

i need these 2 parts:
brokendenderwell.jpg

have seen this with 1 port or 2 ports (would rather have 2 and just need to plug 1)
brokencarb.jpg

have no idea what these plugs are for
plugs.jpg

have no idea what these connect to
coolantsensors.jpg

this may not be the right plug on here, this wire just comes off the bottom of the intake somehow (also in the lower right of this picture is the oil sensor, the engine had an oil idiot light, and htis truck has a oil pressure guage (going to need on of these sensors too)
yellowplug.jpg

Oh my the memories this brings back! i had an 84 Toy standard cab short bed lifted 7 in with 36's under it and no power steering. what a blast i had with that truck it was my first 4x4.:D

this truck has power steering, is also running a efi pump (not that it matters really, it has vacuum assist, but im capping off those ports)

got a bunch of stuff figured out, now in the final putting it all back together process, should be running this week!!!!!

my truck still doesnt run... however, i might be getting a second truck!!!!free......

new thread on here about it

Could u do me a small favor when ya get a chance? take a pic of the front shackles and either post it or e-mail it to me? got a project kickin' around and trying to find a decent photo is hard to come by thanks

Could u do me a small favor when ya get a chance? take a pic of the front shackles and either post it or e-mail it to me? got a project kickin' around and trying to find a decent photo is hard to come by thanks

will this work?

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 5,830
  • shackle.jpg
    shackle.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5,818

Yup perfect i know what i needed to know now thanks

those were actually pics i had saved on my compter figuring they might come in handy someday... ignore the piece of exhaust tubing on the spring, its supporting my tranny as there is no engine

glad that pic worked for you...

I think thats the "ineffiecent catalytic converter" code. My truck throws that code once every couple of months.

new pic

Attachments

• newfront.jpg
    newfront.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5,614

it runs!!!!!

here it is... parked in front of the house, after i drove it out of the garage and around the block!!!!!!

pic051808_5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how does it sound jim u got sound clips of the yota

Back