Joe Dirt's Wedgie | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL i just envisioned you throwing your son up into the van...you could attach somekind of step ladder to the underbody which might aid you...

Speaking of vans, my dad used to drive one of these
vw_bus_t11-1024x764.jpg

He said he got 60 HP and one time they were driving up a hill and it couldn't make it, he had to get a truck to tow him up the hill

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Now those have the aerodynamic qualities of a loaf of bread. :D

lol german engineering it's come a long way...

I guess it would be serious insult to injury if you snapped an axle too, after the chair fiasco

that windstar seems to be sporting a ford 8.8 though

I'd have an axle-snap thread next. Good Lord the humiliation. :D

I like the new avatar mate. I thought it was sexual harrassment panda when I first saw it, which is not cool, but fat panda is way cool. In my old Kombi I had to drop down a cog when driving into a head wind and used to gain 15 mph if I had a tail wind. That was a great old boat.:)

What was top speed on flat land, no wind?

Hey- how about something like this? Same horsepower... :D

scooter_combi.jpg

Lol wtf is sexual harassment panda!

and My dad said going downhill he got an extra 10-15mph

he was always afraid the engine was going to blow up on the highway, apparently the engine blocks are pretty much below the driver seat.

53.7 mph and that vespa probably had me beat in the horsepower department.

I would never fit in that sidecar. :D

My engine was in the back, when she finally died all the inards became molten globules on the road behind me. Looked great at night but it was a long walk home.

Sexy south park panda

Attachments

• LukeinKombi.jpg
    LukeinKombi.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 182

Is that yours?

Nup same colour but mine was bog standard with no pop top camper roof and mine died about 15 years ago. She is now Rusting In Peace on a farm, being used as a goat house.

I was ready for a simple yes/no, but seriously- that was so far and beyond the best answer I could have hoped for. So informative! :D

Dribble? I never dribble (wipes chin with toilet paper)

That sounds more like a personal control problem to me... :D

Yeah I have to invest in some wet wipes:D and P.C.P. is the problem not the cure.:D

Is this your old bus??

Attachments

• bus.jpg
    bus.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 190
  • goat.jpg
    goat.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 206

No but I really really really would like it. I'd set it up as a restaurant on tracks and sell burgers on the beach.

Attachments

• hamberger.jpg
    hamberger.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 191

Back