Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shouldn't. Being a 92. But I never had to deal with it. So idk.

Jon. You wouldn't happen to have a new own ford cam synchronizer for the 5.0 layin around your wholesale parts warehouse...er... I mean garage. Would you?

Mine has developed the dreaded screech.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Shouldn't. Being a 92. But I never had to deal with it. So idk.

Jon. You wouldn't happen to have a new own ford cam synchronizer for the 5.0 layin around your wholesale parts warehouse...er... I mean garage. Would you?

Mine has developed the dreaded screech.

Matt I don't, sorry.

OK, I broke a wire prong from this thingy on the side of the air compressor. I think it is a pressure switch. Anyone know what I can do about that?

11-1-09010.jpg

I also snapped some pictures for reference before I tear everything apart. Hopefully there is enough showing that I will be able to figure it all out when putting it back together.

11-1-09008.jpg

11-1-09001.jpg

11-1-09002.jpg

11-1-09003.jpg

11-1-09004.jpg

11-1-09005.jpg

11-1-09006.jpg

11-1-09007.jpg

11-1-09009.jpg

11-1-09011.jpg

I love it!! I want a sawzall and a '91!!

Well, the fluids are drained, the fan, shroud and radiator are out.

I got this far when some painted parts arrived for my daughter's deer killin' Neon, so I had to break away from this to finish that up. The panels lined up great, I will have that out of the way tomorrow.

Hint for ya Jon when your unbolting stuff, Unbolt the Alternator and get the Plugs underneath it. It is the main harness for the engine and what not ;) (think there may be 2 there but can't remember right now)

I think there is just one there and its pretty big. Make sure when reconnecting this that you get it good. If it does not want to start but turns over when the new engine is in look here. I looked everywhere but here many times

yea i got lucky and got it right the first time. but forgot about the trans cooler lines tho :cool: whata mess to clean up. :D

Is ther enough of that tab left to solder onto?

Is ther enough of that tab left to solder onto?

There may be. I may have to try that first.

Well, forgive me for being slow,
Today I was able to disconnect a lot of the hoses, and wiring. I got the torque converter nuts removed, and 4 of the transmission bolts. The accessory brackets are removed, And I am now trying to decide what to do with the power steering-and ac lines.

When I pulled the engine out of the B2, I was able to leave the whole AC system "sealed" just unbolt the main components and push them to the side. that might work for you.

Ditto on leaving the a/c system sealed. On our motor rebuild (r&r) I disconnected the brackets for the condensor so I could push it around, but the A/C system stayed sealed. The a/c line in my case runs under the TB. Some of the earlier a/c hoses used to run it behind the upper intake and I don't know how much in the way it would be if it was run that way.

~Mark

Well, at precisely 5:30 PM this truck gave up it's engine. Sparksaflyin came down and helped pry it out. Made a few mistakes but nothing that can't be fixed.
I had the engine raised about 2 feet before I realized the trans cooler line bracket was still bolted to the block.

The exhaust collector bolts wouldn't budge, so the manifolds were removed from the heads. This became a giant snag also.

But, it is out.

Tomorrow --powerwash the engine bay.

The exhaust collector bolts wouldn't budge, so the manifolds were removed from the heads. This became a giant snag also.

We had the same issue. With the Advanced adapter kit it wouldn't fit between the manifolds. But since you don't have that it shouldn't be an issue.

~Mark

Good deal JT - progress!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet action.

Wow, I remember that.
Funny, that truck will be here to witness the same. How ironic is that?

Except I am a bit better tanned than SVO in that picture.
I need to find a blue shirt for true effect, so you guys can see my sexy tanned forceps.

I didn't know you tanned your instruments Dr. Smith...

so is it done yet ? :D

So I get the "new-old" engine on the stand and start messing with it.

I removed the spark plugs I had put in to plug off water from the power washer. I had all holes plugged when I sprayed it yesterday

I tried to turn it by hand today, and it was very stiff. It "snagged" bad every 30 degrees, until I got about 180 or so degrees and it locked up hard. Now it will not budge in either direction.

Dammit. :mad:

Back