Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I love this freaking truck stic-o it is so awesome words can not describe it as for the plate remember the prisoner's only have 1 hour of free time and 23 hours of cell time :) so it may take a while for the plate...

stic-o u should make body templates for painting the JP truck i bet it would be a hot seller lol awesome ride...are u going to do a youtube of riding around in town for like 20 minutes or so ? i wanna see the stares and random people haha

The only part that sucks is I will not have the rear D rings in for this weekend:(

Very cool:thumbsup:

I picked up this license plate when I was at Universal in Florida.
Just thought I'd share.
DSC_0006.jpg

I got the side decals finally filled in with paint. To see pics you'll have to wait till after this weekend, of show up to TDS! :p:

So I'm still waiting for this...:rolleyes: But I checked DMV's website and it says this plate is no longer available...:thumbsup::D I guess that means it's on it's way!:bounce:

So another update on the plate... Prisoner are slackin!:mad: I mean WTF! I orded back before x-mas, and now it's mid april:dunno: Lady told me to call back at the end of the month, it was still listed as not finished.:thumbdwn:

best part about being a noob. is you get to find AMAZING threads like this and watch the truck change from day to day without having to wait for pics! there already all here! I LOVE the truck, kick A** idea! turned out perfect:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So another update on the plate... Prisoner are slackin!:mad: I mean WTF! I orded back before x-mas, and now it's mid april:dunno: Lady told me to call back at the end of the month, it was still listed as not finished.:thumbdwn:

Well there has been a lot of unrest at the prisons lately! They've been on lockdown more than ever. Pretty bad when even the prisoners become prisoners!

...i ran across this and thought you might enjoy it...it's a jurassic movie...:D

Lookie what I just ordered:D:thumbsup:

license_20071217230504_85958.jpg

So I finally got a letter in the mail Friday, telling me my new plates were ready to pick up. Knowing the truck had to be smoged first I dragged my feet and waited to smog the truck so I could take care of the new tags and plate all at once. BAD IDEA!!! :mad:

Truck passed smog Saturday no problem, so I went over this morning to pick up the new plates. I actually saw them….and then was denied! It turns out that when you smog a car in California there is a 3 day hold on the current registration. Know one can access it. So with that they could not transfer over the plate…DENINED!:frustrate

I will go back next week and redeem myself!!!! And I will be victorious!!!!!
superhero.jpg

<snip>It turns out that when you smog a car in California there is a 3 day hold on the current registration. Know one can access it. So with that they could not transfer over the plate…DENINED!:frustrate

superhero.gif

Sheesh.. I'm glad I don't live in CA.. Here in Az I get my emisions done and in < 30 minutes I can renew my registration online.. Or I can go there and do it.

Heck, this morning I was in/out in 30 minutes and I transfered titles on two vehicles, renewed one registration and registered a new to me vehicle.

BTW.. Nice plate...

~Mark

It turns out that when you smog a car in California there is a 3 day hold on the current registration. Know one can access it. So with that they could not transfer over the plate…DENINED!:frustrate

superhero.gif
Geeeezzzzzz, I knew that, I thought everyone knew that....;)

3 days !?!?! you would think you were buying a handgun or something, what are they waiting for the urine sample to come back from the lab ? what can possibly take 3 days?

Back