Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

once I figure out the number I can make a tour pass to hang from the rear view mirror:D

jp-vehiclepass.gif

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

DOH! never mind i'll go back in the corner and be quiet:(

Decals are going on...... :thumbsup: they make the truck look very cartoonish:confused:

Pics tomorrow;)

LMAO that is great Go with the 07 for luck or 007 (oh hang on wrong movie)
cheers dude...:thumbsup:

So as I put the stickers I just relized something.... Evan spelled "Jurassic" wrong. he put only one "s" in it. I guess that solves worry about getting sued! :p: :D

LOL oh nose!

Ok Here's some updated pics...

Rear logo;)
Ex_JP_rear.jpg

and my mispelled sides:rolleyes:

JP_Side_B.jpg

JP_Side_A.jpg

I still have to fill in the letters with paint, like the faded logo.

OK so I have not touched the hood yet...at least!!! :rolleyes:
Takeing off the sides is not a option! I'd have to redo all the paint probbaly:(

So I have two choices.
1. Just put the Jurassic Park on the hood. (of corse this one was spelled right:banghead: ).
or
2. Have Evan make me a new hood piece that says EXPLORER on it like the rear. or a mispelled one to match the sides.:rolleyes:

This could be a blessing in disquise, my co worker said it could never be in a magazine with the name on the side like that...now maybe that it's wrong it solves that:p:

What about that Tonka ranger you saw the other day? Wasn't that going in a magazine with the Tonka name all over it?

_hit happens. :p:

MEH.... who is really going to notice. People might just think they always spelled Jurassic wrong since its spelled all nicely on your truck and it HAS to be right if it is a professional graphic ;)

What about that Tonka ranger you saw the other day? Wasn't that going in a magazine with the Tonka name all over it?

Theres a white tonka wrangler I see all the time around here, too. Tonka trucks must be popular.
As for the Jurasic Park on the side, I didn't notice anything was wrong with there only being one "s"

Evan has overnighted me the letters to fix it. I pulled off the ends and we'll have to wait to see what happens now.:rolleyes:

I will admit, at first I thought you had lost your mind. But now, I like it!
Can you paint mine like that race Explorer? I already have the white base coat. You can even have my paint sprayers (I have two sizes that came with my compressor).

It's really not that hard...just time consuming:(
I took off a whole week from work and did this. Worked on 9am-7pm all week. Yours would be way easier though. The biggest pain is sanding and masking. Painting was the easy part!;)

Back