Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still waiting for my Decals...:rolleyes:

DHL was due to drop them off by 3pm ....and it's after 4pm:mad:

EDIT:
Evan....get your money back for the shipment! I know it wasn't cheap, and they F'd up, and it will not be here till tommorow.:wtf:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Maybe we should have had a So Cal Paint Party while your parents were out of town:p: :cool: :rolleyes:

Still waiting for my Decals...:rolleyes:

DHL was due to drop them off by 3pm ....and it's after 4pm:mad:

EDIT:
Evan....get your money back for the shipment! I know it wasn't cheap, and they F'd up, and it will not be here till tommorow.:wtf:

They never mess up, but I guess there is a first time for everything. That makes me mad, it never gets there when you really need it. Did you call them or how did you know it won't be there until tomorrow?

They never mess up, but I guess there is a first time for everything. That makes me mad, it never gets there when you really need it. Did you call them or how did you know it won't be there until tomorrow?

Called and asked... They were kinda like who are you? Oh the reciver? susks to be you:p: Tell the sender he can call and get his money back:rolleyes:

Evan...not you fault No worrys;) Can I have you do some rear stickers "07" in red. 7" wide X 8" high. Just use your best judgement for the font from the original pics. I trust ya;) :thumbsup: and just send them ground or whatever is cheapest for ya. Thanks

Toched up the rear logo a bit, still have a bit more to fix though:thumbsup:

rear_logo.jpg

I can do that, snail mail would be the most cost effective way. True red OK? Only other red I have is burgundy.

Those Dinosaur silhouettes came out pretty well considering I had a low res bitmap to work with. I had to "make" the teeth manually, but I stayed pretty true to the original. It's tough converting complex images in bitmap to vector.

True red is perfect;) Thank you sir:thumbsup:

Does it feel weird that we are talking about another forum, while they are talking about us. Both sites about a Jurassic Park truck...

Wait this isn't going to cause some type of rift in the ribbons of time that will lead to the eventual demise of civilization :scratch:

Great stic-o your going to single handedly bring an end to the world, thanks :thumbsup:

manaen! relax! i am trying to build a time machine so i could get stic-o a real t-rex to chase him around truckhaven, and now you have my wife all paranoid about the space-time continuum......

GREAT SCOTTS!!!

:p:

Got the replacement decals today, and I painted the hood last night so, the hood decal shold go on today.

Until then watch this nostalgic 80's video:D :p:

Your rig is much cooler than that guys Jeep, Steve! But, did you notice you have just put yourself in a very nerdy group?...................movie car copies.

But, did you notice you have just put yourself in a very nerdy group?...................movie car copies.

Yeah...I noticed that now...:banghead: People that's cool...but why?:confused: and I say because it's a Trail truck:rolleyes:

It wold be great at t-haven! :D :thumbsup:

but it should say "BOREDOM PATROL":p:

Back