Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

froader, how many colors are in the los creepers logo, and how big do you want the stickers? anything over 3.5 is gonna be pricey.

yeah, three inch round two color stickers are cheap. full color 7 inch......:eek:

If it could be simplified, I could cut it in 2 or 3 colors as big as wanted for not too much.

Wow, we totally hijacked this thread, eh?

Great, now the heepers tread is talking about how I goofed. :banghead:

In my defense, I couldn't have noticed it while peeling the excess vinyl, I couldn't get far enough away from the 6' long decal to see it as a whole. I should have noticed when I made it on the computer, but I was so intently focused on getting the dinosaurs right.....

mountaneer, do you have a full color vinyl printer?

well, how many people would be in the group? actually, there's already a thread for it, what do you say about another attempt at a roundup?

No not printer, just plotter. The solid core of the vinyl will far outlast the thin color of print. I can take one image, cut it in multiple colors, crop the unneeded parts, and combine them for a color logo. Even though I fubar'd the text on this, I can do some really cool stuff with a plotter.

why don't you take froaders design, and see what you can do with it. i'll buy a couple rolls of vinyl.

I really need the file in a different format- I don't have Illustrator or PS to clean it up like it needs to be for vector. I can convert bitmaps, but they are a pain to do and loose much of their sharpness in the process.

Tonight;) I gotta ut the logo when I get home:thumbsup:

No pictures of the hood today kids...I just f'd it up:mad:

I got have Evan make me a new sticker. I'll get the sides on though:rolleyes:

EDIT: OK I lied you can have some pics...

The hood in progress, still have to pull ther rest of the letters off:rolleyes:
JP_Hood_Fup.jpg

and we get 2 "S"'s now:D
JP_Side_C.jpg

Hey stic, i never paid attention to it before, but i love the fact that you just sanded and painted right over the dent in your door.....

Hey stic, i never paid attention to it before, but i love the fact that you just sanded and painted right over the dent in your door.....

Makes me wonder if he did anything with the "dents" on the other side?:D

Makes me wonder if he did anything with the "dents" on the other side?:D
You guys think we have only been seeing the "good side" of the Jurassic park rig??

Back