Keep blowing windshield washer motor..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keep blowing windshield washer motor.....

ANTMAG06

Reaction score
City, State
Havelock/Cherry Point North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Eddie Bauer
First we bought our '06 EB about 5 months ago. When we got it home I tried to use the windshield washer and it didn't work. Guess it was blown from the factory. The dealer replaced the motor and 4 months later it is blown again.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What did you do to fix it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

Well 40 views and no response. I guess I am the only one having this problem. Thank you for viewing.

Well 40 views and no response. I guess I am the only one having this problem. Thank you for viewing.

Sorry, no issues for me, and trust me before I moved to AZ from Seattle, they got plenty of use ;)

Sorry, no issues for me, and trust me before I moved to AZ from Seattle, they got plenty of use ;)

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think I was totally alone in here. Well with over 100,000 units sold in 2006 I would think that with this being an ongoing problem that at least one other owner may be having the same problem and would be able to let me know how it was fixed. I would hate to claim it a lemon for a stupid washer motor. This is number 2 and they only have one more chance to get it right.

update to my problem

Got a call on Tuesday morning from the service department. They canceled my appointment. Told me that the motor that came in is not the new one. I guess this is a known problem so Ford has upgraded the motor and my service dept. had to order the new and improved motor. I will let you all know how it goes.

I have a 04 xlt that I just bought, the washer doesnt work. I didnt even think to check it when I got the truck.

I cant hear the motor turn on when I press the button. so Im guessing its the pump or fuse. the front and rear dont work. Im not sure where the fuse for this is. as i didnt get an oweners manual for the truck. any help would be nice.

Got a call on Tuesday morning from the service department. They canceled my appointment. Told me that the motor that came in is not the new one. I guess this is a known problem so Ford has upgraded the motor and my service dept. had to order the new and improved motor. I will let you all know how it goes.

How did it go? I have had no probs yet but I would like to know what going on.:D

Back