KOEO test | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KOEO test

Late now and have a full day tomorrow but I'll check spark and the tach for rpm.
Thanks everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, spark is good and rpm gauge goes up when cranking. Crankshaft position sensor has been replaced. Going to try my luck with a new mass air flow sensor. Luckily I work for Autozone and walk to work. Lol

If spark was good, no need to replace the crank sensor. Rather than replace the MAF, just unplug it. If it still doesn't start, that's not your problem.

If spark was good, no need to replace the crank sensor. Rather than replace the MAF, just unplug it. If it still doesn't start, that's not your problem.
Already did unplug maf, still won't start.

So you have fuel pressure and spark... that should do it. Spray some starting fluid in the intake and see if she spits and coughs.

Broken timing chain?

Might want to pull the plugs and rotate the engine to see if the cam is even turning.

Got it running finally and it alternated between rough and smooth. Today I picked up a MAF sensor from wrecking yard and koeo shows 556, no more 159. More tomorrow. Had to work on wife's car too.

Got it running finally and it alternated between rough and smooth. Today I picked up a MAF sensor from wrecking yard and koeo shows 556, no more 159. More tomorrow. Had to work on wife's car too.
It's back on the road and I'd like to thank everyone for their input and I learned a lot. Number one, a MAF sensor will keep a car from starting. Number two, wrecking yard sensors are a good gamble. More importantly, No more check engine light.

Glad to see things are starting to go your way. A bad sensor can affect other sensors by dropping the input voltage throwing other sensors off.

556 is Fuel pump relay primary circuit fault – Power / Fuel Pump Circuits This should be the power TO the fuel pump Relay in the under hood box. check the connections where the relay plugs in for: Power, Overheated connector which has loosened and melted wires, Fuse, Bad Relay, etc. A working fuel pump system will have ECM run the fuel pump for about 2 seconds when the ignition is turned on.

Glad to see things are starting to go your way. A bad sensor can affect other sensors by dropping the input voltage throwing other sensors off.

556 is Fuel pump relay primary circuit fault – Power / Fuel Pump Circuits This should be the power TO the fuel pump Relay in the under hood box. check the connections where the relay plugs in for: Power, Overheated connector which has loosened and melted wires, Fuse, Bad Relay, etc. A working fuel pump system will have ECM run the fuel pump for about 2 seconds when the ignition is turned on.
Running with no "check engine" light. Runs great!

Back