Late Summer Naches get together/run?? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Summer Naches get together/run??

20% ,but with the light show! Keep us posted!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks to be just east of the " Rock Garden" slightly South and west of Shoestring lake.. Headed for the ridge in a general direction towards 'Funny Rocks"

The area may be posted closed Thursday

Merrick Graves the other OHV ranger pretty much just said the same on Cle Elum trail teams site. He was told to be available tomorrow for closures

Maybe we should start thinking of a backup location or other trails in that are that may still be open.

Maybe we should start thinking of a backup location or other trails in that are that may still be open.

Setting up camp on the ellensburg side might be a good choice, You could run taneum to manastash and hit any of the trails from there! Theres a few nice camping spots off the taneum rd that have jeep trails next to them that take you down to buck meadows!

Setting up camp on the ellensburg side might be a good choice, You could run taneum to manastash and hit any of the trails from there! Theres a few nice camping spots off the taneum rd that have jeep trails next to them that take you down to buck meadows!

I think that will be closed along with Naches side by end of the day. 400 acres burning as of this morning

"The Manastash Ridge Fire started August 19th from a lightning strike that occurred on the weekend of August 9th. The fire is located on the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest along Manastash Ridge, south of Shoestring Lake.

A transition to will occur at 6am August 23, 2013. Washington Incident Management Team 4 will assume command of the fire.

The fire is approximately 700 acres. 70 personnel are assigned to the fire. The majority of the fire is located on the north side of the ridge on the Cle Elum Ranger District. In the afternoon, the fire can be visible from Cle Elum, Ellensburg, and Naches. Both the Cle Elum and the Naches Ranger Districts plan to issue area closures near the fire for public and firefighter safety. At this time the public is advised to stay out of the Manastash recreational area.

Fire managers are continuously monitoring the weather and fire behavior as warm and dry conditions are expected today through Friday. Fire behavior has been active well into the night. Forest managers remind recreationists and other forest visitors that fire danger remains high and there are still campfire restrictions in place on both the Naches and Cle Elum"

:(

Updated info from InciWeb...

Fire Facts – Friday, August 23, 2013 – 0900 HOURSFire Size: approximately 1,000 acres

Percent Contained: 0%

Evacuations: No home or structures threatened.

Manastash Ridge Closures Summary: A detailed list of closures is available on the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest website. On the Naches side this includes Forest Service Road 1701 before the Funny Rocks Area and the 1900 road system leading north from Little Naches to Quartz Mountain. On the Cle Elum side, closures include the Manastash Ridge Trail, Shoestring Trail, and roads south from Manastash and Rider’s Camps. Manastash Canyon Road (FS Road 3100) is open to Quartz Mountain.

So unless we get some rain I think we need to come up with a new location.
There is Evans creek but I do not think there is a couple days of wheeling there or Liberty or rimrock I know nothing of the 2 areas, there is a fire buring 12 miles south of rimrock lake

What happened to Phil? I haven't heard from him in a couple of days. Kinda hoping he has some input on this. I wouldn't mind trying something new and I have heard Rimrock is pretty good.

What are the other thrails in the Naches area?

Here's a link to the closure PDF. Has complete closed trail list by #.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/okawen/alerts-notices/?aid=19608

Looks like Raven Roost, Clover Springs and Bethel pretty close to all that's left open there.

Rimrock sounds awesome but like others I don't know where anything is over there. Looking at the Rimrock trail list I kinda wonder how many trails there would be Explorer longer wheel base friendly? I've seen tons of pictures from Divide Ridge and looks awesome.

I think Liberty has about 3 days worth of trails in it. Certainly 2 completely packed days. Weren't some of you out at Liberty around 5-6 years ago?

I'm game for either and if it ends up being Evans I'll be there too

I was thinking rim rock but just talked to a guy the wheels there a lot and he said its on fire and with the lighting in the forecast its only going to get worse. Imagin liberty will be in the same boat soon. Chris and I were trying to come up with another place but its basically Evans or elby if you want to avoid fire danger... From what I have been told about rim rock the fun trails are tight and will result in body damage. Rim rock would be my choice if its not on fire but not fimilar with the trails.

They have been working on the trails at Elbe adding obstacles and stuff.

The fire is 1/2 mile further up the trail from the lilly pond

Body damage don't matter that much to me anymore. Guess I should say it's to late. Rimrock would be cool. I know the eastern wa guys run and post trips a lot from there. Usually see XJ's running the trails.

I'll report back on Liberty since I will be there in a few days

I Am Game For WhatEveR You Guys Decide. I KnoW Nothing Of the trails But What About Tillamook Forest

TSF is a option and some trails may be closed due to fire danger, Kevin are you down for a long drive?

According to google, it's 280 miles to Brown's camp from my house. About a drive, which is just a little bit more than it take me to get to Naches. Honestly, I am down for anything. I haven'y been wheeling since Moab!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the fire is 2300+ acres now and is 1.3 miles from five fingers and it is heading towards the rocks to the east and also north.

Tillimook is looking like a good place to go, we may be needing a new place to recreate.

Back