Latest pictures... New ones tommorow also with safari rack custom made! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latest pictures... New ones tommorow also with safari rack custom made!

buckflash

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Custom made safari rack PICTURES POSTED!!!

Hi! I decided to start a new post with the latest pictures of the truck. Tonight I should receive my safari rack. We did it yesterday with my neighboor and today he brought it to his shop for sandblasting and powdercoating!!! :D

Here it is with everything that has been made on it yet!

If you have any questions on how to do anything on it, ask me... I did everything you can see on it myself and you can also look at my other threads for the how-to remove and paint your front grille and an older one with many pictures!

Enjoy!

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

That's pretty much all of it for now... tonight the safari rack will be back, i'll put my offroad lights on it also and post pictures as soon as possible!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW very nice, are those cragars.... cause if they are i just made my mind on rims!

Cant wait to see this rack

That is one mean looking Explorer! :thumbsup:
Looks like it could drive straight through a house!

WOW very nice, are those cragars.... cause if they are i just made my mind on rims!

Cant wait to see this rack

Yes, they are Cragar Soft 8's

Love the pushbar/brush guard

Thankis guys!

Indeed they are cragar soft 8's... you can get them around 60$ ea. on jegs but I found later on the same model made by keystone with a lower price.

I'm still waiting for my neighboor to come back from his shop with the roof rack painted!!!

that thing looks tough as nails :thumbsup:

Looks sweet!

Love the Black-Great Looking Truck! Can you tell us more about the exhaust, it looks really clean. What kind of exhaust tip is that?

Love the Black-Great Looking Truck! Can you tell us more about the exhaust, it looks really clean. What kind of exhaust tip is that?

The exhaust is a magnaflow system... bolt on design really easy to install... the tip comes with the whole exhaust kit and it's welded to the end pipe, not bolted. it connects right under the driver's door and then goes all the way back to the left side of the body behind the rear wheel.

Oh and the part number is 16606 you can get it for less than 500$ on magnaflowstop.com and this one is for the v8 4.6L.

Thats one helluva nice looking 4th Gen!!! Great work!!!

Those Bighorns 265/75R16? Also, where did you find the Keystone rims under $60?? I'd love a set of those for my 3rd Gen. My buddy got some for his Colorado but paid $95 each!!

Thats one helluva nice looking 4th Gen!!! Great work!!!

Those Bighorns 265/75R16? Also, where did you find the Keystone rims under $60?? I'd love a set of those for my 3rd Gen. My buddy got some for his Colorado but paid $95 each!!

the shop is called ''action performance'' in gatineau they were around 70$ cdn the ones i found were on the internet, i'll try to find the site... I think it was amazon but not certain.

they are indeed 265/75/16

Didnt even know Magnaflow made catback systems. I have a Magnaflow muffler on the Pathfinder and I really like it. Looking forward to more pics, I have 15x10 Rock Crawler rims with the "D-holes" for winter, the round circles of your rims look ALOT better.

Didnt even know Magnaflow made catback systems. I have a Magnaflow muffler on the Pathfinder and I really like it. Looking forward to more pics, I have 15x10 Rock Crawler rims with the "D-holes" for winter, the round circles of your rims look ALOT better.

I dont think we can call this system cat back because it's not starting right behihd the headers but it's still pretty long... it goes from under the driver's seat and then bends around the rear frame part and then back behind the wheel. It replaces the resonator and muffler. I'll try to get more pictures soon!... It's just bad weather here these days in Quebec!

Got the pics yet?

Noooo i'm still waiting on it!! My neighboor told me yesterday it should be ready but he didn't deliver... hoping to see it at my door tonight!!... I'm not sure if it's the powdercoat process that is taking longer than expected or that he has real business work to do between my rack... i'll get a sitrep on that around 18h00 tonight!

Noooo i'm still waiting on it!! My neighboor told me yesterday it should be ready but he didn't deliver... hoping to see it at my door tonight!!... I'm not sure if it's the powdercoat process that is taking longer than expected or that he has real business work to do between my rack... i'll get a sitrep on that around 18h00 tonight!

Tell that neighbor to hurry his butt up!!!!!!:D

The rack is mounted!!! I gotta go back home in 5 mins... they should be up in 30 mins max!!! :p Next thing to do is finalize the wiring for the offroad lights!

There they are!!!... I mounted it this afternoon!!

custom made by myself and my neighboor!!!

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5459.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg
<
IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Back