LED fog lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED fog lights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We've changed interior and backup bulbs to LED and are happy with the results. We recently tried "(2) 80W CREE LED Bright White 880 884 885 890 892 899 LED DRL Driving Running Light, Fog Light, Off Road Light" from Amazon, just for the heck of it. The design placed the LEDs facing the reflector. For 20 bucks we figured it was worth a shot. As DRL they would've been fine, nice and white. As fogs they didn't provide any usable illumination so we stuck the 50w Phillips back in.

We're interested in any ideas, also!

Team TARDIS

We've since installed "AUTLEAD LED Headlight Bulbs - 880 (881, 889), High/Low Beams, Fog Light, CSP Chips, 7200LM, 6500K Cool White, All-in-one Waterproof Conversion Kit, DOT Approved" but the link on Amazon no longer exists. Odd because we bought them September 6th! They work FANTASTIC! Pay no attention to the "High/Low Beams"! These have fans and harnesses like the headlamp bulbs do.

Team
TARDIS

AMAZON 010.jpg
AMAZON 011.jpg

Screen Shot 10-20-18 at 07.32 AM.PNG

Hey, that link did work for me to Amazon. They look interesting.

The link "worked" but took me to a different sized bulb. Not even listing any 800 series bulbs.

Team
TARDIS

Screen Shot 10-21-18 at 01.42 PM.PNG

Thank you for the share. I am planning to replace my fog light to get bright version.

Back