• Register Today It's free!

Led light bar curved

Semperfi96

Reaction score
City, State
Madison al
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
Going to buy on today any suggestions as to a 52 or 54 inch. Curved or straight? Pics would be great if you don't mind. Thanks in advance! Wes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Personally I would put a straight one under the roof rack cross bar.

and maybe a shorter straight one on top of the bumper just below the grill.

I've only seen straight ones, so my suggestion is "Straight"
LOL

Personally I would put a straight one under the roof rack cross bar.

and maybe a shorter straight one on top of the bumper just below the grill.
I like your Idea of putting the bar Under the cross bar.

I've only seen straight ones, so my suggestion is "Straight"
LOL

I've seen huge curved ones on jacked up 4x4 hunting trucks, looks kind of dumb IMO. For a off road rig I would go with 4 to 5 100W round HID floods on the roof and 2 to 3 round HID spots on a front bumper nerf bar.

Going to buy on today any suggestions as to a 52 or 54 inch. Curved or straight? Pics would be great if you don't mind. Thanks in advance! Wes

Here is my truck with a 52" curved.
received_10209355791667801_zpsrehp38tg.jpg

Link to Amazon:
Auxbeam® Curved 52" - 54" LED Light Bar 300W 30000lm 100pcs 3W CREE Chips Combo Beam for Off-road Emergency & Rescue ATV UTV Golf Cart Boat & Marine Agriculture Vehicle Mining and Heavy Equipment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PEKRRG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0cMLxbJ9XHF4R

Link for the mounts that I used and modified slightly:
Omotor Upper Windshield Mounting Brackets(52inch Curved LED Light Bar) for 2007-2013 4wd/2wd Chevrolet Silverado 1500/2500hd/ 3500hd Pickup; 4wd/2wd 2007-2013 GMC Sierra 1500/2500hd/3500hd Pickup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01535MKIQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TdMLxbYW6JCA4

A few more shots to help you decide:
VZM.IMG_20160626_041720_zpsapet6dlg.jpg

20160316_110314_zpsexisrjeq.jpg

20160316_110334_zpsrgubjg5j.jpg

This is just my front aux lights. Headlights aren't on.
VZM.IMG_20160625_032127_zpsvmuvkq19.jpg

I've seen huge curved ones on jacked up 4x4 hunting trucks, looks kind of dumb IMO. For a off road rig I would go with 4 to 5 100W round HID floods on the roof and 2 to 3 round HID spots on a front bumper nerf bar.

All personal preference I guess... I think the Mickey mouse looking lights from back to the future looked silly then, and even more silly with the lack of circular lines on these trucks

What mounting brackets did you use

What mounting brackets did you use

The second link is for the brackets. They are for Chevy, but fit very well. I stuck them in a press and straightened one bend on each and PRESTO!

hello sp sully i was looking at your truck nice rig i do have a question i bought the 52in curved light from e bay got a good deal on it and the brackets for the silverdo i was looking to see were you bought your glare shield and how hard was it to install under the light thank you

20160820_115056.jpg

Justoffroad.org I believe. Here's the thing. It may or may not fit your light exactly. I had to bend the brackets a little to make it fit my light. It's also aluminum so in the wind there is enough flex to rattle. I have zip ties on mine until I get around to solving the problem.

just got this in yesterday light and glare shield hope to get it install on my truck this weekend

20160901_171842[1].jpg

where's everyone running the wiring on these light bars?

did you guys drill a hole to get the wiring through?

I did and put a rubber grommet to feed it through

hello sp sully i was looking at your truck nice rig i do have a question i bought the 52in curved light from e bay got a good deal on it and the brackets for the silverdo i was looking to see were you bought your glare shield and how hard was it to install under the light thank you

View attachment 91976

What light bar kit and bracket are you using? I have a 2014 sport with the adaptive cruise. Would the set up you have interfere with the cruise and if so could the light bar be mounted under the license plat. Thanks in advance.

Back