Lemon Law | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lemon Law

You stated in a post above that you were very happy with your 2007 Explorer. So why would this one bad experience put you off Ford altogether. The majority of manufacturers have produced the odd vehicle that turned out to be a 'lemon'. That doesn't mean that all their products are the same. The majority of Explorer owners are very happy with their decision.
As I stated in another reply to a post of yours, the Acadia isn't exactly a stellar performer. It has yet to make Consumer Report's recommended list. Previous models have been below par in reliability. Just check the Web for problems with the Acadia before you make the jump. I read a couple of posts from Acadia owners that are dumping their vehicle as well.

Peter

X2!!!! My wife had an Acadia about the time we got together. Total pos. 4 water pumps, 6 headlights, 3 headlight housing units (because the lights were melting them), power hatch module, gearshift cable, and to top it off a new motor. Then they said she better get an extended warranty because past experience with new engines in the Acadia, they don't react well with the computers. We also knew of someone else who had the same experience.

Then our '12 Grand Cherokee Overland was a lemon. Sunroof was not cut to spec and transmission problems. In the shop for a total of 49 days at one time, came out unrepairable and a characteristic of the hemi after they acknowledge the problem!! Ha... I believe it had 970ish miles on it. We got a total refund and got the suburban...

$63,600msrp. Total pos as well. Couldn't fight any longer. Just needed my wife in something reliable. Traded it in on the Ex Sport. Which we will trade in on a '14 suburban due to my wife's growing business and another child due in September and I bought another boat, we need something bigger again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my vehicle has gone back on for service, again. As of today, the vehicle has now been at the dealer for a total of 14 days. They told me when i took it in last week that it will be at least a week and a half before i get it back.

Hopefully they keep this $40,000 pile of sh#& for 2 more weeks so I can begin filing the paperwork.

Absolutely awful experience. Will not be buying another ford and will make sure to inform everyone I know what a terrible vehicle it is. I should have bought the Acadia.

I'm really sorry to hear of your bad experience, but I would really like to know what you bought and what was wrong with it as I can't find it anywhere in this post.....:salute:

I have been having a long list of problems with my EX and I am concerned that my car was in a batch of bad ones that slipped through. My 2007 Limited was an excellent vehicle (that i now miss). I know some of you are extremely happy and I am glad to hear that. I have had a majority of the issues complained about on this site like transmission clunks, jogging when opening windows, squeeky doors, poorly aligned trim etc. so I'm curious to know if there have been any of you have went down the road of the lemon law.

If you have, I am curious to hear how it went for you.

Do the lemon law anyway, I did it and got at least some compensation. It's better to try to get rid of a headache than having to live with it.

The comment that "you don't stand a chance" is grossly exaggerated

You do stand a chance, I did it and it wasn't that difficult.

Make sure you support your case with sufficient evidence including videos, TSB's, and service records. MFT and A pillar were enough evidence for my arbitrator.

I even took stuff off this forum

In the end Im paying the same as I was before but driving a 2013 with no issues other then My Ford Disappointment

I recommend doing it.

The comment that "you don't stand a chance" is grossly exaggerated

You do stand a chance, I did it and it wasn't that difficult.

Make sure you support your case with sufficient evidence including videos, TSB's, and service records. MFT and A pillar were enough evidence for my arbitrator.

I even took stuff off this forum

In the end Im paying the same as I was before but driving a 2013 with no issues other then My Ford Disappointment

I recommend doing it.

All you have to do is find one of those lemon law lawyers that will not charge you any legal fees whatsoever. They will ask the manufacturer for legal fees once you win the case. If they think your case is not winnable, they will not accept it to begin with. These lawyers literally win like 99% of their cases.

At the very least contact a lemon law lawyer. Almost all of them give a free case review. They won't take the case if they don't think they'll win. The lawyer I contacted flat out said Ford is the worst manufacturer to deal with. Ford will not take you seriously and will ignore you until you file suit against them.

Back