Lets see a photo of your UK Ex and any mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see a photo of your UK Ex and any mods

SmokeGrinder

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Uber Of All Possible Doom
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer 4X4
Post a photo of your UK spec Explorer, and maybe a mugshot of yourself. :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice looking X :thumbsup:

not as nice as yours

as requested :eek:

DSCF0016.jpg

you goofy brits

Saw An 0x

Have a look what I saw today on the M25

1.jpg

2.jpg

Had UK plates on it too!

SmokeGrinder said:
Have a look what I saw today on the M25
Had UK plates on it too!

Well spotted :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Howard said:
Well no I got it in 2002 with 11,000 on the clock. So it was just about run in. :D

About the same as my first one, god knows what made get rid of it for a Voyager :rolleyes:

Happy now though :D

Smokegrinder, Thats a 2002 or newer US EX. There are Americans stationed in England and yes they have to get UK Plates.

OK Mugshots it is

http://www.ballofdirt.com/members/23657.html

Check out the photos' its a new site and just posted them..

I see you guys all have those shiny explorers ...they just come in general mud colour over here..

99 XLT 4X4
Custom bull bar
Custom roof rack
Roof tent
2" TT front
4 " rear lift to give 3" when loaded up with dog and camping gear
RBoot is decked with 3 full length drawers
32 " Tires...
12 meter radio
Dog...

POSH

Nice Bumper. Where did you get it from

Local company makes them, out of sheet steel and tube, the only machinery they have is a tube bender, gas axe and a welder...and they are rumoured to have a tape measure

Its all done by hand...individually for each truck they don't even have paterns to work from.

Cost---you'll laugh at this one...Hand built to my design, painted & fitted.....................$ 200

At least something is cheap round here...and reasonably well made..

Next project with the same company is a full length rack so I can put gear alongside
the roof tent.

Then a rear rack for extra gas tanks and Hi lift jack as I'm planning a trip to chile from here and some of the areas I'll be passing through will be pretty remote and standard I don't have the range to get from town to town....check out the BR-319 in Brazil...
over 500km of dirt track through the amazon....and no towns...and often no bridges..

I wonder if if they would build one and ship it to Germany

Being that I'm here in the third world, Its probably not worth it, my air mail takes three months, shipping by DHL etc would be extremely expencive, around 35$ per kg..

I can ask but it would be at your risk,,,this place is more like the wild west than
the OK corral..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi guys not owned the ex for long well impressed so far. only a couple of mods so far to see pics click on link in sig :cool:

Back