Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Harbor Freight, and Sears have powder coat systems. How much was your system? Could one of these make shiny chrome parts? They sell shiny chrome, and gold alternators. I've always wondered how they did this. How long do you have to bake the parts in the oven? Could a heat lamp like the type they have in auto body shops work for big parts? Could you repaint your vehicle this way?

The HF unit is all over ebay--I don't think it works all that well--
The craftsman unit stores the powder in the handle--idunno about that-

I have a Eastwood pro system, purchased from ebay. It was broken--and I got it cheap. All that was wrong was the power switch---:D

Different colors use different curing temps and time. I am pre-heating everything. I use an infrared hand held thermometer to monitor the oven temp.

I am not a believer in the lamps--they may work but I think a full bake is a must.

The chrome stuff worked well for me-that was my first attempt with that color.

Ok, today some little things of interest.
Wiring protection bracket for passenger side of transmission-
A small label-bracket for driver side of transmission--The blue was suggested to me by a guy who is no longer allowed in my garage--sorry about the sight--
A 96 Maf housing with some goofy drawing on it by someone who will remain nameless:D --Should it be chrome?
A v-8 explorer throttle cable bracket

I want to do this extra rear wiper also-If somebody can tell me a way to remove the plastic park thingy--
I think all the brackets should be black texture.
These can be had for a nominal charge, plus exchange of your piece.

I will donate 2.50 to the forum for each piece I "trade". If anyone is interested, time to speak up. I will be blasting these for a minute-

brackets 1.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cool Jon, and I like the AODE label.

Cool Jon, and I like the AODE label.
Here Don, I blinged it up for ya!

I used high temp mask on the sampling hole tubes-of course.

Attachments

• brackets 3 002.jpg
    brackets 3 002.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,310

That looks great, I wish that you were closer.

What makes you think I'd want green? ;)

Humm....what could I spare and send to you to coat??

What could you do with the 5.0 motor plate- something cool?

I have an idea--send it--

I am going to figure out something to send to you to powdercoat-

Yeah, me too. I've got my air intake tube and possibly my C&L MAF body as potential candidates. Maybe more. :D

You could advertise your powder coating business on Craig's list. One idea I had was that there should be a category, or even a sticky in the for sale section for services from EF members. Some guys are good at welding. People which need something welded could send one of the members an item to weld. You could advertise powder coating service. Glacier991 could advertise that he loans out tools with a deposit, and sells rebuilt valve bodies. Mention this to Rick to see if he likes the idea.

That's such a cute little mower:D :thumbsup:

Back