Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 57 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wow, those valve covers look SWEET!!!

Can't wait to see finished pics of the bike:D

Damn Jonny, nice stuff as always. Hard to believe it's coming up on 2 years since you did all my stuff. Still looks as good as the day we did it.

Great to hear your son is home, safe and sound. :):thumbsup:

Awesome mate and X2 awesome on your young fella's return.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ditto, well done to both of you.

Techieman33 needed his wheels re done, so we did them in smoked chrome , however to make things a lil' different some blue pearl was added to the clear coat.

I'm sure we'll see better pictures when they are mounted. I tried to capture the flip flop ( gray to blue) effect it gives -you can almost see it in the close up

062.jpg

069.jpg

I love that, beautiful work Jon.

How long does it take to powdercoat the wheels from start to finish? Do you have someone who can dismount 20" tires?

I'm SOLD on the black chrome look!!! If this can be an easy weekend project, I'll be visiting this Fall to have my wheels done:D Otherwise I'll be sending the wheels down when it's time for new tires(at least another 2 yrs:()

The pictures don't even begin to do them justice. I think it's one of those things that may just need to be seen in person. It was also cloudy most of the day so I didn't even try to take any more pictures of them. Unfortunately I could find a place that would mount them for me today, without either being A) stupid expensive, or B) untrustworthy aka walmart. So hopefully it'll be sunny tomorrow and I can get some good shots.

WoW on those wheels-WoW!!!! Love the smoked chrome, the added blue is incredible.

Techieman33 needed his wheels re done, so we did them in smoked chrome , however to make things a lil' different some blue pearl was added to the clear coat.

I'm sure we'll see better pictures when they are mounted. I tried to capture the flip flop ( gray to blue) effect it gives -you can almost see it in the close up

062.jpg

069.jpg

If I could send you my wheels I'd love for you to powdercoat the Stangs wheel's like that. It would so GOOD on that grey body. Great work Jon. Love how professional your results are.:thumbsup:

F*****' lush as:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it's rust on the wheel, after sitting exposed for a couple of weeks with nothing over them all of the rotors rusted pretty good. So I'm sure I kicked quite a bit it off onto the wheels. I'll try to get pics again on thursday, I should have time to wash and wax the whole thing again. And I'll need to figure out what to do to try and cover up that damn rust.

I think that looks great. The inner rim seems to be reflecting the rust off the rotor in the one picture--:cool:

Sounds like someone needs to powdercoat some rotors........;)

Eric-Wheels looke great!!! I can see the blue in them too:D

Sounds like someone needs to powdercoat some rotors........;)

Eric-Wheels looke great!!! I can see the blue in them too:D

it's to late to try and powdercoat them, we would have had to do them new. But they had "e-coat" on them which I was assured would hold up great. And well obviously it didn't last long at all:(

it's to late to try and powdercoat them, we would have had to do them new. But they had "e-coat" on them which I was assured would hold up great. And well obviously it didn't last long at all:(

Maybe you can take them off, mask them and use a high heat enamel(caliper paint???) to coat them???

It's a project for another day;)

Back