Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 59 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This is a used diff cover so yeah you will see a nick or 2, but that is beside the point. I think I captured the blue pearl and tiny flakes in this video.

More stuff for Simon's female companion person

006-3.jpg

This was good practice for me, it allowed me to shoot the pearl in 2 batches over 2 days with different weather conditions, and the match was great. Shackles yesterday--the cover and guage surround were done today.

Pretty!!

color shift

This video adds the life to this color. I began indoors then walked it out to the sunlight. What appears to be dark gray has hidden treasures. (Don't judge a book by it's cover)

I just have this picture of you randomly powdercoating things through the week. Throttle body here, microwave tomorrow, pliers Monday, children Thursday... :D

Here's the pink dial surrounds installed... got some new clocks today and installed them... took a big chunk out of my thumb too!!

6423_10150269288451573_646656572_8141467_2320699_n.jpg

Si

Just went through this entire thread from start to finish. Read every post also (although I don't know all you guys, so some of it was a little hard to follow). In-freaking-credible! I had no idea you could do so much with powdercoat. I have always wanted to get into this, but I doubt I have the patience for what you can do.:notworthy:notworthy
Can't wait to see more!!!

I appreciate the comments. Thanks for looking thru the thread!

I haven't sprayed a thing, nor turned on my oven for over 8 days now. This is not a "professional" operation, rather a hobby for me which has spread very well by word of mouth. I am as busy as I want to , or, can be actually. As any hobby it is still " in the red" , however i have not one regret. This has been the most rewarding experience I have had. At a point in your life you find it isn't about money, it is about what you do, and how you feel about it. Sure money is nice, however it interferes with the creative genius within all of us.;)

Thanks for the support!

:)

I'm sure as soon as you aquire a set of headers you will have plenty of pics to post :D

I'm sure as soon as you aquire a set of headers you will have plenty of pics to post :D

There are a lot of things on the list, headers are not even there yet. Sorry.

Still Rocking that gold manifold and valve covers you did for me last year jon. Made a few eyes pop when I show under the hood.:thumbsup: Whenever I ever get around to that engine overhaul and have to get new valve covers. I'll be getting in touch with you again for sure.

There are a lot of things on the list, headers are not even there yet. Sorry.

Well we do know where there is a non running '97 with a les than a two year old set of TM's on it :D

Just went through this entire thread from start to finish. Read every post also (although I don't know all you guys, so some of it was a little hard to follow). In-freaking-credible! I had no idea you could do so much with powdercoat. I have always wanted to get into this, but I doubt I have the patience for what you can do.:notworthy:notworthy
Can't wait to see more!!!

So True!

Everytime I get a notification/email there has been an update to this thread I feel like a kid in a candy store. Then when I find out its an update without pics I feel like that kid in the same store but they are all out of candy! Seriously, as stated before, I could look at Jon's work all day.

59 Pages, every color in the rainbow, tons of things done.. shoo, love your work, i pmed you about some valve covers, will more then likely be a returning customer.. you do great work... i would be broke as a joke and you would be rich as a b... if we lived closer together...

Jon, 2 months 5 days since you last posted pics of your work... Can we get some updates, I am jonesin' for some Turdle Powder ! ? ! ?

Back