Liberty Camping & Wheeling May 15-17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Liberty Camping & Wheeling May 15-17

ricky8587

Reaction score
City, State
Renton, Washington May Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Camping at Williams Creek campground. Nice no fee campground with 2 pit toilets. Wheel all day Saturday with maybe some wheeling Friday eve and Sunday. The steep west of hwy 97 trails will be the priority Saturday (bring your lockers)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will have to see if I have my axle swap done by then

Aaand how did the trip go?

Aaand how did the trip go?

Apparently, it rained, hard, all day Wednesday :-(.

Kevin and I went over Thursday evening but there was a lot of water.

We tried the lower 319 on Friday and it was a winch fest. I think we both pulled cable 6 or 7 times. His favorite line\s was "at least I made it further than you".

Once a the top, we tried the Pit Overlook but the first section has 2-3 steep climbs and we had to winch there too.

Friday afternoon, after Rick and Dwight showed up, we tried the Hole in the Wall trail. It started to rain again and the normally slick section was just that, again.

Yesterday was drier and the 325 had 2 full days of drying. There were still a couple slick spots but we all made it OK. We went down the 326. A couple slick, off camber corners but no big problems (Except Rick wiping a window mounted GoPro off the side of his rig, no one knows where).

We drove back up the FS road to the top section of the 327 and made that too.

A quick visit to the Red Top fire lookout and time to head back to camp. down the FS roads.

Great weekend! Sorry you missed it!

Back