Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

oops! CS and QL not recommended together unless the CS are 1" or less.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oops! CS and QL not recommended together unless the CS are 1" or less.

So 2.5" via RanchoQL in the front and back, with 1" CS in the front would be alright?

At this point, it sounds like QL w/oem springs only. Coilsprings should be used alone. The only diff between the two is - well two diffs - QL maxes out at 2.5" and Coilsprings are not adjustable.

I was being sarcastic about the 1" or less... :)

At this point, it sounds like QL w/oem springs only. Coilsprings should be used alone. The only diff between the two is - well two diffs - QL maxes out at 2.5" and Coilsprings are not adjustable.

=/

You know, you could use QL in the front with oem struts and CS on the rear oem struts... or vice versa. This shop only recommended I change the front to oem springs. I'll take pics when it's light out...

You know, you could use QL in the front with oem struts and CS on the rear oem struts... or vice versa. This shop only recommended I change the front to oem springs. I'll take pics when it's light out...

What prevents using QL with a CS?

they say you lose travel and get a bouncy ride - which I experienced personally. right now, they both cost about the same if you buy QL all around, or CS all around.

they say you lose travel and get a bouncy ride - which I experienced personally. right now, they both cost about the same if you buy QL all around, or CS all around.

So what are you running with now?

I'll get the oems put on, better safe than sorry. If I had gotten 2.5 CS, this would be a non issue, but I had to be stubborn...

Donner: Are the QL's really adjustable height? I was always told it was just adjustably ride comfort. If the height is adjustable then way cool.

I still love my 3" coils up front. Still need the rear!

Anyways, I got new wheels and tires, 285/60's on 18x9 XD Series Black Hoss wheels. No rubs, no problems. Basically the same height as the 265/75/16 but quite a bit wider. If anyone wants my 16x8 pro comp 8069s(4" bs) and 265/75 Terra Grapplers they are still like new. I don't want to split them up yet btw.

They're supposed to be adjustable from 1" to 2.5" They suck with anything other than oem size springs. Mine is in right now getting things adjusted... What is the part number for your rear springs? Mine are for sale... :(

They're supposed to be adjustable from 1" to 2.5" They suck with anything other than oem size springs. Mine is in right now getting things adjusted... What is the part number for your rear springs? Mine are for sale... :(

I'll have to check the part number...does it really matter that much? Maybe it does. But I think I'd be interested if they will fit.

Rear OEM pt no. 1L2Z 5560 BA

That's mine... You can also call with your vin and ask ford for the exact coil number, but check with CS too.

When do you plan on buying? These are 1.5"

How bad will coilsprings throw off the alignment??

I just got my new coilsprings in. I got 3" for the front and 2" for the back. I was just wondering if anybody knows how bad it will throw off the alignment when i put them on. Well what i want to know is could i drive it down to an auto shop to get it aligned or would it throw it off so bad that i wouldnt be able to drive it down???

How far is the shop? Or, in Hawaii, what terrain? You should have the same shop do everything, unless you're doing your own install?

Yeah i'm doing my own install because the only offroad places that can do it want like $600 to install. I have everything to do it, i just dont know how to do an aligment.

How far is the shop?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not adjustable...

Donner: Are the QL's really adjustable height? I was always told it was just adjustably ride comfort. If the height is adjustable then way cool.

I still love my 3" coils up front. Still need the rear!

Anyways, I got new wheels and tires, 285/60's on 18x9 XD Series Black Hoss wheels. No rubs, no problems. Basically the same height as the 265/75/16 but quite a bit wider. If anyone wants my 16x8 pro comp 8069s(4" bs) and 265/75 Terra Grapplers they are still like new. I don't want to split them up yet btw.

Ride hgt is not adjustable on QL system.

Back